Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • OpenAI launches ChatGPT for Teens with new safety features
    • Britain Can No Longer Afford The Welfare State It Created
    • Iconic Singer Hits No. 1 Milestone 70 Years Ago Today
    • WHO says Congo Ebola outbreak can still be brought under control within three months
    • Myanmar: The Architecture of Statelessness | Genocide
    • Clark goes viral for her reaction as Dream miss game-winning shots
    • The top-two primary hasn’t solved California’s election problems
    • Iran live updates: Trump posts map labeling Strait of Hormuz ‘new’ US territory
    Prime US News
    • Home
    • World News
    • Latest News
    • US News
    • Sports
    • Politics
    • Opinions
    • More
      • Tech News
      • Trending News
      • World Economy
    Prime US News
    Home»Trending News»WHO says Congo Ebola outbreak can still be brought under control within three months
    Trending News

    WHO says Congo Ebola outbreak can still be brought under control within three months

    Team_Prime US NewsBy Team_Prime US NewsAugust 18, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    GENEVA: A World Well being Group official stated on Tuesday (Aug 18) it was nonetheless potential to convey underneath management an Ebola outbreak that’s outpacing containment efforts and has develop into the second-deadliest on document.

    The worldwide well being company stated earlier this month that reversing Ebola’s unfold can be potential inside a three-month interval, however since then there have been indicators that it has worsened, increasing to a sixth province.

    “In regards to the subsequent plan for the three months, sure, when you have the required sources, I believe will probably be potential to try this,” Thierno Balde, WHO incident supervisor, informed reporters in Geneva from Bunia, within the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    The outbreak, Congo’s worst but of 17, has to this point killed no less than 2,325 folks.

    Sources are presently lagging necessities, and the WHO has raised about 60 per cent of the US$115 million it’s looking for for the Ebola response.

    Different challenges embody delayed detection, overwhelmed surveillance groups, armed battle and a scarcity of vaccines and coverings for the uncommon Bundibugyo species of the virus.

    Nonetheless, containment efforts are ramping up and an additional 400 beds have been added prior to now two weeks and extra epidemiologists might be deployed to hint contacts of the sick, Balde stated.

    “The state of affairs is sort of troublesome, however persons are working right here day and evening making an attempt to manage this outbreak,” he informed reporters.

    Different main officers informed Reuters that the outbreak was a good distance from being underneath management, declaring that between 70 per cent to 80 per cent of latest circumstances don’t have any identified hyperlink to sufferers, which means the virus continues to be spreading unchecked in lots of areas.

    “We’re removed from discovering the magnitude of this outbreak,” stated Dr Wessam Mankoula, Africa CDC’s head of emergency preparedness and response.

    “It won’t be over in a couple of weeks and even months,” he stated.

    The WHO Emergency Committee meets on Tuesday on Ebola, which was deemed a public well being emergency of worldwide concern, or PHEIC, by the UN company on Could 17. The physique will resolve whether or not to increase the emergency and provides states suggestions for controlling its unfold.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleMyanmar: The Architecture of Statelessness | Genocide
    Next Article Iconic Singer Hits No. 1 Milestone 70 Years Ago Today
    Team_Prime US News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Trending News

    Canada announces US$50 billion plan to boost clean energy

    August 18, 2026
    Trending News

    Asian allies stress ‘critical cooperation’ as Trump slashes South Korea drills

    August 18, 2026
    Trending News

    Two largest US reservoirs hit record lows amid western drought

    August 18, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Most Popular

    US targets mine-laying vessels in the Strait of Hormuz amid blockade disrupting global oil markets

    March 20, 2026

    Mahmoud Khalil vows to keep fighting for Palestinians after release from ICE custody

    June 23, 2025

    Sen. Lisa Murkowski says fellow Republicans ‘afraid’ of Trump, Musk

    March 19, 2025
    Our Picks

    OpenAI launches ChatGPT for Teens with new safety features

    August 18, 2026

    Britain Can No Longer Afford The Welfare State It Created

    August 18, 2026

    Iconic Singer Hits No. 1 Milestone 70 Years Ago Today

    August 18, 2026
    Categories
    • Latest News
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Sports
    • Tech News
    • Trending News
    • US News
    • World Economy
    • World News
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Primeusnews.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.