Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • San Diego shooting: Investigators probe suspects’ potential extremism
    • Putin To Attend BRICS Summit In India
    • Putin, Xi hail ‘unyielding’ ties in talks after Trump visit
    • China’s Xi Jinping and Russian President Vladimir Putin meet in Beijing | Politics News
    • Cavs doomed by unlucky bounce in ECF Game 1 collapse vs. Knicks
    • Contributor: L.A.’s mayoral candidates aren’t interested in the real Skid Row
    • Georgia election results: Collins and Dooley in runoff in Georgia to face Democratic Sen. Ossoff
    • Trump purges another Republican critic with Massie defeat in Kentucky
    Prime US News
    • Home
    • World News
    • Latest News
    • US News
    • Sports
    • Politics
    • Opinions
    • More
      • Tech News
      • Trending News
      • World Economy
    Prime US News
    Home»Latest News»US-backed GHF says Gaza aid sites remain shut as Israeli attacks kill 22 | Israel-Palestine conflict News
    Latest News

    US-backed GHF says Gaza aid sites remain shut as Israeli attacks kill 22 | Israel-Palestine conflict News

    Team_Prime US NewsBy Team_Prime US NewsJune 6, 2025No Comments4 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    At the very least 22 folks have been killed in Israeli assaults throughout Gaza, medical sources advised Al Jazeera, because the US-backed group distributing assist within the Palestinian territory mentioned all its centres have been closed till additional discover.

    In northern Gaza, no less than 10 folks have been killed in Israeli tank hearth in Jabalia, native well being authorities mentioned. At the very least 5 folks have been killed in Khan Younis in southern Gaza when Israeli drones struck tents housing displaced folks, medical sources mentioned.

    A journalist who was wounded in an Israeli strike on Ahli Hospital on Thursday succumbed to their injures, elevating the variety of journalists killed in Gaza because the starting of the battle to 226, Gaza’s Authorities Media Workplace mentioned on Friday.

    The workplace referred to as on “all journalistic our bodies in all international locations of the world to sentence these systematic crimes in opposition to Palestinian journalists and media professionals within the Gaza Strip”.

    “We additionally name on them to exert severe and efficient stress to cease the crime of genocide, shield journalists and media professionals within the Gaza Strip, and halt their killing,” it added.

    Help websites stay closed

    The assaults come because the US-backed group tasked with distributing assist in Gaza mentioned its hubs would stay closed till additional discover, regardless of a rising starvation disaster within the territory.

    Help companies have warned that every one residents in Gaza face the specter of famine after Israel imposed a extreme blockade on the territory in March, blocking the entry of meals, medication and gas. Amid worldwide stress, Israel allowed some assist to enter Gaza final month, however assist teams have warned the quantities are insufficient.

    The Gaza Humanitarian Basis (GHF), a beforehand unknown group that’s overseeing the help distribution effort, suggested folks to avoid the help distribution hubs “for his or her security”.

    GHF, which started distributing assist final week, mentioned in a Fb put up on Friday that particulars about reopening could be introduced later.

    Operations on the group’s assist distribution hubs have been halted earlier this week following a number of incidents of deadly violence close to the websites, wherein Israeli forces opened hearth on Palestinian assist seekers. Solely two websites distributed assist on Thursday.

    On Sunday, 1000’s of individuals headed in direction of the distribution web site hours earlier than daybreak. As they approached, Israeli forces ordered them to disperse and are available again later. When the crowds reached the Flag Roundabout, 1km (0.6 mile) away, at about 3am, Israeli forces opened hearth, witnesses mentioned.

    “There was hearth from all instructions, from naval warships, from tanks and drones,” mentioned Amr Abu Teiba, who was within the crowd.

    Goher Rahbour, a surgeon working in Gaza’s Khan Younis, advised Al Jazeera that the bullets extracted from victims of the capturing close to the help distribution centre on Sunday have been from M16 assault weapons, in step with these utilized by the Israeli army.

    “I operated on two sufferers and we eliminated M16 bullets from belly accidents,” Rahbour advised Al Jazeera. “Once I spoke to those sufferers, they have been very clear to say they got here from Israeli forces.”

    The surgeon additionally mentioned hospitals have been working with little or no assets. “There’s a lack of all the pieces – antibiotics, swabs, surgical devices,” he mentioned.

    The GHF’s method has been fiercely criticised by humanitarian organisations, together with the United Nations.

    The GHF says personal safety contractors guarding its websites haven’t fired on crowds.

    Israel’s army has acknowledged firing warning photographs on earlier events.

    Israel’s battle on Gaza has killed no less than 54,677 Palestinians and wounded 125,530, Gaza’s Well being Ministry mentioned on Thursday.

    An estimated 1,139 folks have been killed in Israel in the course of the Hamas-led assaults of October 7, 2023, and greater than 200 have been taken captive.

    On Thursday, mediators Qatar and Egypt introduced renewed efforts to safe a ceasefire deal based mostly on a US-backed proposal for a 60-day truce and the entry of humanitarian assist.

    Earlier ceasefire efforts have, nonetheless, repeatedly damaged down over Israel’s rejection of key phrases.

    In previous rounds of negotiations, Israel has walked again commitments associated to a everlasting halt to the battle and a full withdrawal of its troops from Gaza.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleBraves DFA veteran pitcher hours after stunning collapse
    Next Article Trump is not interested in talking to Musk as they feud over tax-cut Bill
    Team_Prime US News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Latest News

    China’s Xi Jinping and Russian President Vladimir Putin meet in Beijing | Politics News

    May 20, 2026
    Latest News

    US President Trump, family granted immunity from pending tax audits | Donald Trump News

    May 20, 2026
    Latest News

    Putin meets Xi: Why Russia and China need each other | International Trade News

    May 19, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Most Popular

    Man arrested outside Washington, DC, cathedral allegedly had a Molotov cocktail: Police

    October 5, 2025

    Letters to the Editor: How should Santa Monica slam the brakes on Waymo noise pollution?

    June 2, 2025

    Rodgers sends message to Steelers after disappointing loss

    October 17, 2025
    Our Picks

    San Diego shooting: Investigators probe suspects’ potential extremism

    May 20, 2026

    Putin To Attend BRICS Summit In India

    May 20, 2026

    Putin, Xi hail ‘unyielding’ ties in talks after Trump visit

    May 20, 2026
    Categories
    • Latest News
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Sports
    • Tech News
    • Trending News
    • US News
    • World Economy
    • World News
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Primeusnews.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.