Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • More Than 100,000 Americans Apply to Join ICE: DHS
    • Israel intensifies assault on Gaza City as humanitarian toll mounts
    • Three killed in fire at Indonesian government building blamed on protesters | Protests News
    • Manchester United’s Ruben Amorim addresses his controversial comments
    • Suspended Little Leaguer’s bat sells for nearly $10,000 at auction
    • RFK Jr. to Testify to Senate After CDC Shakeup
    • US appeals court finds Trump’s tariffs illegal, allows them to remain for now
    • North Korea’s Kim consoles families of soldiers killed fighting for Russia | Kim Jong Un News
    Prime US News
    • Home
    • World News
    • Latest News
    • US News
    • Sports
    • Politics
    • Opinions
    • More
      • Tech News
      • Trending News
      • World Economy
    Prime US News
    Home»US News»‘No threat to the public,’ NYPD says after responding to Barnard College bomb scare
    US News

    ‘No threat to the public,’ NYPD says after responding to Barnard College bomb scare

    Team_Prime US NewsBy Team_Prime US NewsMarch 6, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    The New York Police Division responded to — after which cleared — a bomb risk on the Milstein Heart at Barnard Faculty on Wednesday.

    Officers labored to evacuate the constructing simply earlier than 5 p.m. ET, in line with a post on X

    “Anybody who refuses to depart the placement is topic to arrest,” the NYPD advisory mentioned. “Please steer clear of the realm.”

    An exterior shot of the Entrance Gate and Barnard Corridor at Barnard Faculty in Manhattan.

    UIG through Getty Photos

    Then, simply earlier than 8 p.m. native time, the NYPD introduced that it had cleared the risk and concluded that there was no risk to the general public, per a follow-up social media post.

    “The bomb risk incident at Barnard Faculty has been investigated and cleared,” the put up learn. “There’s at present no risk to the general public. Please proceed to keep away from the realm and count on visitors delays.”

    The bomb risk got here following a disruption earlier within the day on the Milstein Heart, during which “masked disruptors” entered the constructing within the midst of lessons and eating corridor prep, in line with a press release from Barnard.

    Protestors interrupt lessons on the Milstein Heart of Barnard Faculty in New York Metropolis on March 5, 2025.

    @Eliana_Goldin / X

    It mentioned, “Barnard is dedicated to fostering a secure atmosphere the place all college students can study and all members of our group are revered. Our educational mission is on the coronary heart of what we do, and disruptions to that mission are an affront to the aim of upper training and can’t be tolerated.”

    Columbia College, which is separate from however affiliated with Barnard Faculty, launched a press release concerning the disruption that mentioned, partly, “We’re in contact with Barnard’s management and safety staff as they tackle the scenario and can proceed to observe it carefully. The disruption of educational actions just isn’t acceptable conduct. We’re dedicated to supporting our Columbia pupil physique and our campus group throughout this difficult time.”

    Barnard’s assertion famous that campus actions throughout its campus had been continuing as regular following the preliminary incident. Inside an hour, nevertheless, the NYPD was first alerted to a supposed bomb risk in the identical neighborhood.

    ABC Information’ Morena Basteiro contributed to this report.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticlePrivate prosecution shake-up by government after Post Office and SJP scandals
    Next Article Column: Trump brags about American power while he trades it away
    Team_Prime US News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    US News

    Suspended Little Leaguer’s bat sells for nearly $10,000 at auction

    August 30, 2025
    US News

    Upcoming ‘upgrade’ to Holocaust Museum exhibit on US response to Nazi Germany sparks some staff concerns: Sources

    August 30, 2025
    US News

    Trump’s global tariffs are unlawful, appeals court says

    August 29, 2025
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Most Popular

    US military says standards for investigating sex assault claims to remain unchanged

    May 1, 2025

    Second suspect arrested in alleged NYC Bitcoin torture scheme

    May 28, 2025

    What is Trump doing – and not doing – to tackle the US debt?

    February 12, 2025
    Our Picks

    More Than 100,000 Americans Apply to Join ICE: DHS

    August 30, 2025

    Israel intensifies assault on Gaza City as humanitarian toll mounts

    August 30, 2025

    Three killed in fire at Indonesian government building blamed on protesters | Protests News

    August 30, 2025
    Categories
    • Latest News
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Sports
    • Tech News
    • Trending News
    • US News
    • World Economy
    • World News
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Primeusnews.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.