Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Illinois State Fair Spotlight Turns to Senate Race
    • Iran goes on offensive as diplomacy with US stalls
    • Russian strike kills 3 in Ukraine as Zelenskyy faces pressure at home | Russia-Ukraine war News
    • Wings’ Azzi Fudd gets devastating injury news
    • As nuclear tensions spread worldwide, Reagan’s lessons are more relevant than ever
    • Pennsylvania State Police helicopter, small plane collide midair near Pennsylvania airport
    • What Mortgage Rates Could Look Like Through 2030
    • Trump threatens economic punishment on ‘any country’ helping Iran
    Prime US News
    • Home
    • World News
    • Latest News
    • US News
    • Sports
    • Politics
    • Opinions
    • More
      • Tech News
      • Trending News
      • World Economy
    Prime US News
    Home»US News»Migrants held at Guantanamo now allowed to phone attorneys, filing says
    US News

    Migrants held at Guantanamo now allowed to phone attorneys, filing says

    Team_Prime US NewsBy Team_Prime US NewsFebruary 21, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    Migrants being held on the U.S. jail camp at Guantanamo Bay at the moment are being permitted to talk to their attorneys by telephone, an official for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement stated in a court docket submitting.

    In response to a collection of court docket filings launched on Thursday which are a part of a lawsuit filed by advocacy teams towards the Division of Homeland Safety, an ICE official stated migrant detainees at Guantanamo at the moment are in a position to communicate with their attorneys, and that DHS is evaluating the “feasibility and necessity” for in-person counsel visits.

    The Trump administration, as a part of its crackdown on unlawful immigration, has been sending to Guantanamo what officers name probably the most violent “worst of the worst” migrants apprehended on American soil — though ABC Information reported earlier this week that the households of two detainees stated their kinfolk being held there have no criminal record, regardless of DHC claims.

    Juan Agudelo, an Performing Subject Workplace Director for ICE, stated in a court docket submitting that there have been 178 migrant detainees being held at Guantanamo Bay — all of whom are from Venezuela and have last orders of elimination.

    This handout footage courtesy of the U.S. Navy, photograph by AFN Guantanamo Bay Public Affairs, exhibits unlawful alien holding tents, Feb. 6, 2025, at Naval Station Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

    AFP/US NAVY/AFN Guantanamo Bay Public Affairs by way of Getty Pictures

    On Thursday, ICE introduced on social media that 177 of the detainees have been being despatched again to Venezuela.

    The lawsuit, filed in federal court docket in Washington, D.C., earlier this month, was filed on behalf of three members of the family of detainees and 4 organizations demanding entry to them to supply authorized illustration.

    In one of many declarations, Agudelo stated the three detainees from the lawsuit got entry to talk to authorized counsel on Feb. 17 on the request of the American Civil Liberties Union.

    Two of the detainees from the lawsuit are suspected members of the Venezuelan gang Tren de Aragua, in keeping with Agudelo’s declaration.

    ABC Information’ Luke Barr contributed to this report.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticlePhoto of runaway military horses bolting through London up for award
    Next Article ‘Notes on Surviving the Fire’ tackles rape culture on college campuses
    Team_Prime US News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    US News

    Pennsylvania State Police helicopter, small plane collide midair near Pennsylvania airport

    August 20, 2026
    US News

    DOJ seeks to keep door open to re-charge David Hearn in Reflecting Pool case

    August 20, 2026
    US News

    Possibly armed woman wanted in Massachusetts in connection with off-duty officer death

    August 19, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Most Popular

    Both Pennsylvania Senators, Republican Dave McCormick and Democrat John Fetterman, Call for End to Shutdown in Video Message | The Gateway Pundit

    October 24, 2025

    Displaced Lebanese families return home despite Israeli attacks | Israel attacks Lebanon News

    April 19, 2026

    Vikings reporter thinks Kyler Murray could make shocking decision after J.J. McCarthy competition

    July 9, 2026
    Our Picks

    Illinois State Fair Spotlight Turns to Senate Race

    August 20, 2026

    Iran goes on offensive as diplomacy with US stalls

    August 20, 2026

    Russian strike kills 3 in Ukraine as Zelenskyy faces pressure at home | Russia-Ukraine war News

    August 20, 2026
    Categories
    • Latest News
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Sports
    • Tech News
    • Trending News
    • US News
    • World Economy
    • World News
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Primeusnews.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.