Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • How MLB playoff races look going into final month of season
    • Upcoming ‘upgrade’ to Holocaust Museum exhibit on US response to Nazi Germany sparks some staff concerns: Sources
    • 6G Wireless Will Use Aerial Base Stations
    • 100-Year-Old Man Breaks World Record for ‘Longest Career in the Same Company,’ Shares Life Lesson
    • Fewer Americans are reading for fun, study finds – is screen time displacing books everywhere?
    • ‘Stop killing women’: Australian mother vows to be voice for slain daughter | Crime News
    • Former MVP faces battle to remain in the NBA
    • Contributor: L.A. needs transparency on short-term rentals to crack down on tax evasion
    Prime US News
    • Home
    • World News
    • Latest News
    • US News
    • Sports
    • Politics
    • Opinions
    • More
      • Tech News
      • Trending News
      • World Economy
    Prime US News
    Home»US News»Migrants held at Guantanamo now allowed to phone attorneys, filing says
    US News

    Migrants held at Guantanamo now allowed to phone attorneys, filing says

    Team_Prime US NewsBy Team_Prime US NewsFebruary 21, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    Migrants being held on the U.S. jail camp at Guantanamo Bay at the moment are being permitted to talk to their attorneys by telephone, an official for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement stated in a court docket submitting.

    In response to a collection of court docket filings launched on Thursday which are a part of a lawsuit filed by advocacy teams towards the Division of Homeland Safety, an ICE official stated migrant detainees at Guantanamo at the moment are in a position to communicate with their attorneys, and that DHS is evaluating the “feasibility and necessity” for in-person counsel visits.

    The Trump administration, as a part of its crackdown on unlawful immigration, has been sending to Guantanamo what officers name probably the most violent “worst of the worst” migrants apprehended on American soil — though ABC Information reported earlier this week that the households of two detainees stated their kinfolk being held there have no criminal record, regardless of DHC claims.

    Juan Agudelo, an Performing Subject Workplace Director for ICE, stated in a court docket submitting that there have been 178 migrant detainees being held at Guantanamo Bay — all of whom are from Venezuela and have last orders of elimination.

    This handout footage courtesy of the U.S. Navy, photograph by AFN Guantanamo Bay Public Affairs, exhibits unlawful alien holding tents, Feb. 6, 2025, at Naval Station Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

    AFP/US NAVY/AFN Guantanamo Bay Public Affairs by way of Getty Pictures

    On Thursday, ICE introduced on social media that 177 of the detainees have been being despatched again to Venezuela.

    The lawsuit, filed in federal court docket in Washington, D.C., earlier this month, was filed on behalf of three members of the family of detainees and 4 organizations demanding entry to them to supply authorized illustration.

    In one of many declarations, Agudelo stated the three detainees from the lawsuit got entry to talk to authorized counsel on Feb. 17 on the request of the American Civil Liberties Union.

    Two of the detainees from the lawsuit are suspected members of the Venezuelan gang Tren de Aragua, in keeping with Agudelo’s declaration.

    ABC Information’ Luke Barr contributed to this report.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticlePhoto of runaway military horses bolting through London up for award
    Next Article ‘Notes on Surviving the Fire’ tackles rape culture on college campuses
    Team_Prime US News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    US News

    Upcoming ‘upgrade’ to Holocaust Museum exhibit on US response to Nazi Germany sparks some staff concerns: Sources

    August 30, 2025
    US News

    Trump’s global tariffs are unlawful, appeals court says

    August 29, 2025
    US News

    Texas Gov. Abbott signs redrawn congressional map favoring Republicans into law after Trump push

    August 29, 2025
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Most Popular

    Why Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has captured the attention of everyday moms

    January 30, 2025

    Trump calls for Israeli PM’s trial to be cancelled

    June 26, 2025

    IPL schedule, fixtures announced for the 2025 tournament | Cricket News

    February 16, 2025
    Our Picks

    How MLB playoff races look going into final month of season

    August 30, 2025

    Upcoming ‘upgrade’ to Holocaust Museum exhibit on US response to Nazi Germany sparks some staff concerns: Sources

    August 30, 2025

    6G Wireless Will Use Aerial Base Stations

    August 30, 2025
    Categories
    • Latest News
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Sports
    • Tech News
    • Trending News
    • US News
    • World Economy
    • World News
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Primeusnews.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.