NEWNow you can hearken to Fox Information articles!
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu introduced that an investigation is underway after reviews mentioned Israel struck a hospital within the southern Gaza Strip, killing no less than 20 folks on Monday, in keeping with reviews.
Netanyahu mentioned Israel regretted the lethal incident and reiterated that Israel doesn’t deliberately goal civilians in its warfare with Hamas. Experiences mentioned among the many lifeless had been 5 journalists who labored for retailers comparable to Reuters, The Related Press, and Al Jazeera.
“Israel deeply regrets the tragic mishap that occurred right now on the Nasser Hospital in Gaza,” Netanyahu’s workplace mentioned in a press release.
“Israel values the work of journalists, medical workers and all civilians. The army authorities are conducting a radical investigation. Our warfare is with Hamas terrorists. Our simply objectives are defeating Hamas and bringing our hostages residence.”
The composite picture exhibits structural injury to Nasser Hospital alongside Palestinians carrying the physique of a journalist after the strikes; authorities mentioned no less than 20 folks, together with 5 journalists, had been killed. (Reuters/Hatem Khaled)
Experiences, citing medical officers, mentioned two shells hit Nasser Hospital in Khan Younis in fast succession. Israeli media reported that Israeli troops had fired the artillery rounds on the hospital to focus on a Hamas surveillance digicam on the roof.
Cameraman Hussam al-Masri, a Reuters contractor, was killed close to a stay broadcasting place on an higher flooring just under the roof within the first strike, Palestinian well being officers mentioned.
Israel then struck the location once more, killing extra journalists in addition to rescue employees and medics who had rushed in to assist, hospital officers and witnesses advised Reuters.
IDF Spokesperson Brig. Gen. Effie Defrin echoed Netanyahu’s feedback, stressing that the army makes each effort to mitigate civilian hurt whereas guaranteeing troop security.
“We’re working in a particularly complicated actuality. Hamas terrorists intentionally use civilian infrastructure, together with hospitals, as shields,” Defrin mentioned in a video posted to social media. “They’ve even operated from the Nasser Hospital itself. Hamas started this warfare, created not possible combating situations and is stopping its finish by nonetheless holding 50 of our hostages.”

A person examines broadcast tools broken by Israeli strikes on Nasser Hospital in Khan Younis, Gaza, on Monday. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says Israel regrets incident at Nasser Hospital and can examine the strikes (Reuters/Hatem Khaled)
Defrin mentioned Israel will abide by worldwide obligations and “examine the lethal incident totally and professionally.”
“Reporting from an lively warfare zone carries immense threat, particularly in a warfare with a terrorist group comparable to Hamas, who cynically hides behind the civilian inhabitants,” he added.
The opposite journalists killed had been recognized as Mariam Abu Dagga, who freelanced for the Related Press and different retailers; Mohammed Salama, who labored for Al Jazeera; Moaz Abu Taha, a freelancer who contributed to a number of information organizations, together with Reuters; and Ahmed Abu Aziz.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says Israel regrets incident at Nasser Hospital and can examine the strikes. (Getty Pictures/Jim Watson)
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Photographer Hatem Khaled, additionally a Reuters contractor, was wounded.
Fox Information’ Yael Kuriel, Reuters and the Related Press contributed to this report.