Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • The Future of Physical AI Isn’t Smarter Robots, It’s Smarter Interfaces
    • Israel deports all foreign activists from Gaza flotilla
    • Germany make Neuer first-choice World Cup keeper to cap retirement U-turn | World Cup 2026 News
    • Giants’ John Harbaugh may have made final Joe Schoen decision
    • Houses of worship should always remain places of safety and compassion
    • Trump will ease refrigerant rule in effort to address surging grocery costs
    • SEM-guided low-kV FIB finishing for leading-edge semiconductor failure analysis
    • More Evidence Skilled Labor Is Rising In Value
    Prime US News
    • Home
    • World News
    • Latest News
    • US News
    • Sports
    • Politics
    • Opinions
    • More
      • Tech News
      • Trending News
      • World Economy
    Prime US News
    Home»Trending News»Israel agrees on US plan for temporary ceasefire in Gaza, PM’s office says
    Trending News

    Israel agrees on US plan for temporary ceasefire in Gaza, PM’s office says

    Team_Prime US NewsBy Team_Prime US NewsMarch 2, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    CAIRO: Israel will undertake the proposal by US President Donald Trump’s envoy, Steve Witkoff, for a brief ceasefire in Gaza for the Ramadan and Passover durations, the prime minister’s workplace stated early on Sunday (Mar 2), hours after the primary section of the beforehand agreed ceasefire was set to run out.

    On the primary day of Witkoff’s proposal, half of the hostages held in Gaza, each alive and useless, will probably be launched, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s workplace stated, including the remaining hostages will even be launched after a everlasting ceasefire was agreed.

    Witkoff made the proposal to increase the present ceasefire after realizing extra time was wanted for talks on a everlasting ceasefire, Netanyahu’s workplace added.

    Hamas spokesperson Hazem Qassem earlier on Saturday stated the group rejected Israel’s “formulation” of extending the primary section of the ceasefire in Gaza, however didn’t explicitly point out Witkoff’s plan.

    Netanyahu’s workplace stated Israel would instantly conduct negotiations on Witkoff’s plan if Hamas agreed to it.

    “In accordance with the settlement, Israel can return to preventing after the forty second day if it feels that the negotiations are ineffective,” Netanyahu’s workplace additionally stated, accusing Hamas of violating the deal. Each side have been buying and selling accusations of violating the deal.

    Two Palestinian officers acquainted with the negotiation instructed Reuters that Israel refused to enter the second section of the settlement or begin negotiations about it.

    As an alternative, Israel requested an extension of the primary section, conditioned on the handover of various alive prisoners and our bodies for every week of extension.

    Hamas, nevertheless, rejected and insisted on adhering to the settlement, coming into the second section, and obliging Israel to what was agreed upon.

    On Saturday, Hamas’s armed wing posted a video exhibiting Israeli hostages nonetheless in its custody in Gaza and careworn that the remaining hostages can solely be freed by means of a swap deal as said within the phased ceasefire settlement that started on Jan 19.

    The ceasefire settlement halted 15 months of preventing, permitting the alternate of 33 Israeli hostages and five Thais for round 2,000 Palestinian prisoners and detainees. It was meant to result in subsequent talks to construct on the ceasefire deal.

    Talks in regards to the ceasefire have been ongoing, most not too long ago in Cairo, however haven’t led to an settlement.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleWill the US withdraw its support for Ukraine? | Russia-Ukraine war
    Next Article BREAKING: Corrupt Obama Judge Amy Berman Jackson Orders Hampton Dellinger’s Removal Was Unlawful, Enters Judgement Declaring Firing Illegal | The Gateway Pundit
    Team_Prime US News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Trending News

    Israel deports all foreign activists from Gaza flotilla

    May 21, 2026
    Trending News

    Commentary: Iran is pressing its strategic advantage by eyeing fees on undersea cables in Strait of Hormuz

    May 21, 2026
    Trending News

    Trump says willing to wait for a few days to get ‘right answer’ on Iran peace deal

    May 21, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Most Popular

    Rubio to meet China’s Wang Yi in Malaysia amid trade tension

    July 11, 2025

    Letters to the Editor: A harrowing article reveals the true moral cost of the war in Iran

    May 14, 2026

    Trump’s UK visit: What’s on the agenda, schedule, what to expect | Business and Economy News

    September 16, 2025
    Our Picks

    The Future of Physical AI Isn’t Smarter Robots, It’s Smarter Interfaces

    May 21, 2026

    Israel deports all foreign activists from Gaza flotilla

    May 21, 2026

    Germany make Neuer first-choice World Cup keeper to cap retirement U-turn | World Cup 2026 News

    May 21, 2026
    Categories
    • Latest News
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Sports
    • Tech News
    • Trending News
    • US News
    • World Economy
    • World News
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Primeusnews.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.