Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Balaji Ingole Develops AI Tools for E-Commerce Sites
    • Titans-Seahawks Caps NFL Preseason Week Two
    • Iran says new sanctions threatened by ‘desperate’ US will fail
    • Canada, US and tit-for-tat tariffs: How will they impact their economies? | Trade War News
    • Giancarlo Stanton suffers another setback during rehab
    • Letters to the Editor: As ‘first assistant,’ Essayli has been wielding power he shouldn’t have
    • Gov. Abbott dismisses GOP worries about Texas, says choice between Talarico and Paxton is ‘easy’
    • 60s Rock Legend Called ‘Complete Original’ Would Turn 80
    Prime US News
    • Home
    • World News
    • Latest News
    • US News
    • Sports
    • Politics
    • Opinions
    • More
      • Tech News
      • Trending News
      • World Economy
    Prime US News
    Home»Latest News»India’s Mohun Bagan banned by AFC for refusal to play football game in Iran | Football News
    Latest News

    India’s Mohun Bagan banned by AFC for refusal to play football game in Iran | Football News

    Team_Prime US NewsBy Team_Prime US NewsDecember 18, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    AFC have sanctioned India’s Mohun Bagan for refusing to go to Iran for his or her Asian Champions League match in September.

    Printed On 18 Dec 202518 Dec 2025

    Share

    Indian membership Mohun Bagan Tremendous Large have been banned from Asian Soccer Confederation competitions and ordered to pay greater than $100,000 for refusing to journey to Iran for an Asian Champions League Two conflict with Sepahan SC in September, the Asian soccer physique mentioned in an announcement.

    In a call on Wednesday, the AFC’s disciplinary and ethics committee excluded Mohun Bagan from the subsequent version of the Asian competitors they qualify for, as much as the 2027-28 season.

    Beneficial Tales

    checklist of 4 objectsfinish of checklist

    The Indian champions had been additionally handed a $50,000 nice and advised to pay a further $50,729 for damages and losses incurred by the AFC and Sepahan. Mohun Bagan have additionally forfeited any subsidy for collaborating within the continental second-tier match.

    Mohun Bagan had been withdrawn from the competitors after they refused to journey to Iran for the group stage match, citing an absence of safety assurances and medical insurance coverage protection in Iran, and their matches had been declared null and void by the AFC.

    The membership had moved to the Court docket of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), asking for the match to be relocated to a impartial venue, however CAS turned down their preliminary request.

    “The gamers determined they’ll’t take this danger, the place lives and their households’ future are at stake. So we now have to face with them,” a senior Mohun Bagan official advised the Reuters information company.

    Mohun Bagan have 5 gamers from Australia, Spain and the UK, nations which have suggested their residents towards journey to Iran, the official added.

    The membership additionally didn’t journey to Iran final yr for a match towards Tractor SC scheduled for October 2, 2024, the day after Iran launched ballistic missiles in direction of Israel. Mohun Bagan had been withdrawn from the match because of this.

    Mohun Bagan are contemplating interesting towards the suspension, the official mentioned.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleVeteran closer Jansen fills hole in back end of Tigers bullpen 
    Next Article Australia police arrest seven men after tip on possible ‘violent act’
    Team_Prime US News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Latest News

    Canada, US and tit-for-tat tariffs: How will they impact their economies? | Trade War News

    August 23, 2026
    Latest News

    Zelenskyy says wartime elections could ‘destroy’ Ukraine | Russia-Ukraine war News

    August 23, 2026
    Latest News

    How the deadliest Bundibugyo Ebola outbreak can be stopped | Ebola

    August 23, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Most Popular

    Nursing Home Patients Raced Across Street to Escape Raging Los Angeles Wildfire as Winds Exceed 85 MPH (VIDEO) | The Gateway Pundit

    January 8, 2025

    Apple to pay $95m to settle Siri listening case

    January 4, 2025

    Iran says giving diplomacy ‘genuine chance’ in Oman talks with US

    April 12, 2025
    Our Picks

    Balaji Ingole Develops AI Tools for E-Commerce Sites

    August 23, 2026

    Titans-Seahawks Caps NFL Preseason Week Two

    August 23, 2026

    Iran says new sanctions threatened by ‘desperate’ US will fail

    August 23, 2026
    Categories
    • Latest News
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Sports
    • Tech News
    • Trending News
    • US News
    • World Economy
    • World News
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Primeusnews.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.