Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Vintage Western Decor Trend: What Collectors Are Hunting
    • Hundreds hospitalised in Yangon cholera outbreak: minister
    • CAIR slams Texas governor’s ‘anti-Muslim stunt’ on airport washing stations | Islamophobia News
    • Three keys to a successful Penguins season
    • Woman found stabbed to death at parking area in Virginia, homicide investigation underway: Police
    • AME Agent Swarms Quietly Rewrite the Workflow
    • Giving Back | Armstrong Economics
    • Former Vols Player Fires Back on QB Battle Claim
    Prime US News
    • Home
    • World News
    • Latest News
    • US News
    • Sports
    • Politics
    • Opinions
    • More
      • Tech News
      • Trending News
      • World Economy
    Prime US News
    Home»Latest News»Trump says US to take 10 percent stake in Intel | Technology News
    Latest News

    Trump says US to take 10 percent stake in Intel | Technology News

    Team_Prime US NewsBy Team_Prime US NewsAugust 22, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    The extraordinary improvement follows a gathering between CEO Lip-Bu Tan and Trump after he referred to as for Tan’s elimination.

    America authorities will take a ten p.c stake in Intel beneath an settlement with the struggling chipmaker, President Donald Trump has stated, marking the newest extraordinary intervention in company affairs.

    Trump made the announcement on Friday. Intel, whose shares rose greater than 6 p.c, declined to remark.

    The event follows a meeting between CEO Lip-Bu Tan and Trump earlier this month that was sparked by Trump’s demand for the Intel chief’s resignation over his ties to Chinese language companies.

    “He walked in wanting to maintain his job and he ended up giving us $10bn for the USA,” Trump stated on Friday.

    The transfer marks a transparent change of path and in addition follows a $2bn capital injection from SoftBank Group in what was a significant vote of confidence for the troubled US chipmaker in the course of a turnaround.

    Federal backing might give Intel extra respiratory room to revive its loss-making foundry enterprise, analysts stated, nevertheless it nonetheless suffers from a weak product roadmap and challenges in attracting clients to its new factories.

    Trump, who met Tan on August 11, has taken an unprecedented strategy to nationwide safety.

    The US president has pushed for multibillion-dollar authorities tie-ups in semiconductors and uncommon earths, reminiscent of a pay-for-play take care of Nvidia and an association with rare-earth producer MP Supplies to safe essential minerals.

    Tan, who took the highest job at Intel in March, has been tasked to show across the US chipmaking icon, which recorded an annual lack of $18.8bn in 2024 — its first such loss since 1986. The corporate’s final fiscal 12 months of optimistic adjusted free money move was 2021.

    Earlier this week, US Senator Bernie Sanders supported the plan. He and Senator Elizabeth Warren had beforehand stated that the US Treasury Division ought to obtain a warrant, fairness stake or senior debt instrument from any firm that receives authorities grants like Intel had beneath the 2022 CHIPS and Science Act, which sought to lure chip manufacturing away from Asia and increase US home semiconductor output with $39bn in subsidies.

    A proper announcement of the funding is predicted afterward Friday.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleThe ‘Rookie quarterbacks with an NFL playoff win’ quiz
    Next Article US Justice Department issues transcripts of interviews with Epstein ex-girlfriend Maxwell
    Team_Prime US News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Latest News

    CAIR slams Texas governor’s ‘anti-Muslim stunt’ on airport washing stations | Islamophobia News

    August 17, 2026
    Latest News

    Trump demands Iran ‘put up the white flag of surrender’ as MoU expires | US-Israel war on Iran News

    August 17, 2026
    Latest News

    Arsenal preview: Key questions heading into 2026-27 Premier League season | Football News

    August 17, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Most Popular

    Trump’s inauguration pledge to expand US territory: What’s at stake as he eyes Greenland, Panama Canal?

    January 21, 2025

    Contributor: Get a manicure. Sing Monty Python. Be happy. You’ll drive the Trumpists crazy

    August 12, 2025

    Leftists Protest Trump, DOGE, Musk, in State Capitals Today, GOP Lawmaker Accosted in Michigan while Documenting (VIDEO) | The Gateway Pundit

    February 5, 2025
    Our Picks

    Vintage Western Decor Trend: What Collectors Are Hunting

    August 17, 2026

    Hundreds hospitalised in Yangon cholera outbreak: minister

    August 17, 2026

    CAIR slams Texas governor’s ‘anti-Muslim stunt’ on airport washing stations | Islamophobia News

    August 17, 2026
    Categories
    • Latest News
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Sports
    • Tech News
    • Trending News
    • US News
    • World Economy
    • World News
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Primeusnews.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.