Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Metal Gear Solid back with remake years after Kojima left Konami
    • DC Business Owners Weigh In on Trump’s Crime Crackdown
    • Commentary: Will Southeast Asian exporters ‘eat’ the Trump tariffs?
    • US trade war, India-China ties loom large at SCO summit in Tianjin | Politics News
    • One statistic shows how hot the Milwaukee Brewers have been
    • Republican Sen. Joni Ernst won’t seek reelection next year, source says
    • The Majority Must Be Wrong
    • Parents of Students Killed in Minneapolis Church Shooting Share Emotional Pleas
    Prime US News
    • Home
    • World News
    • Latest News
    • US News
    • Sports
    • Politics
    • Opinions
    • More
      • Tech News
      • Trending News
      • World Economy
    Prime US News
    Home»Latest News»US pauses most visa applications from Zimbabwe | News
    Latest News

    US pauses most visa applications from Zimbabwe | News

    Team_Prime US NewsBy Team_Prime US NewsAugust 8, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    The announcement marks the newest restriction imposed by the Trump administration on travellers from Africa.

    The US has introduced a pause on all routine visa purposes for residents of Zimbabwe.

    The State Division stated in an announcement on Thursday that the US embassy in Zimbabwe would pause all routine visa providers ranging from Friday “whereas we handle issues with the Authorities of Zimbabwe”.

    The embassy described the measure as non permanent and a part of the Trump administration’s efforts to “stop visa overstay and misuse”.

    Most diplomatic and official visas can be exempt from the pause, the US stated.

    The US has enforced new journey restrictions on residents from a number of African international locations underneath President Donald Trump’s broader immigration enforcement insurance policies.

    In June, the US put in place journey bans on residents from 12 international locations, seven of them in Africa.

    It elevated restrictions on seven different nations, three of them African.

    The US has additionally demanded that 36 international locations, nearly all of them in Africa, enhance their vetting of travellers or face a ban on their residents visiting the US.

    Zimbabwe, Malawi and Zambia had been all on that checklist of 36 international locations requested to enhance their residents’ journey documentation and take steps to handle the standing of their nationals who’re within the US illegally.

    “The Trump Administration is defending our nation and our residents by upholding the very best requirements of nationwide safety and public security by means of our visa course of,” the US State Division stated on Thursday.

    The announcement got here days after the US unveiled a pilot venture requiring residents of two different African international locations, Malawi and Zambia, to pay a bond of as much as $15,000 for vacationer or enterprise visas.

    The bond can be forfeited if the applicant stays within the US after their visa expires.

    The brand new bond coverage introduced on Tuesday requires Malawians and Zambians to pay bonds of $5,000, $10,000 or $15,000 as a part of their utility for a vacationer or enterprise visa to the US.

    Underneath the programme, residents of these international locations should additionally arrive and depart at one in all three airports: Boston’s Logan Worldwide Airport, New York’s John F Kennedy Worldwide Airport or Dulles Worldwide Airport close to Washington, DC.

    The visa bond pilot programme will begin on August 20, the State Division stated.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleYankees’ unlikely answer emerges to save season — for now
    Next Article Intel CEO Tan Lip-Bu says he is working with US government to clarify concerns after Trump demands resignation
    Team_Prime US News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Latest News

    US trade war, India-China ties loom large at SCO summit in Tianjin | Politics News

    August 31, 2025
    Latest News

    ‘We are on the streets’: Palestinians flee Israel’s assault on Gaza City | Israel-Palestine conflict News

    August 30, 2025
    Latest News

    ‘Right to know’: Advocates renew calls for justice for Syria’s disappeared | Syria’s War News

    August 30, 2025
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Most Popular

    Women in Semiconductors: a Critical Workforce Need

    June 16, 2025

    Trump shares Melania Trump’s letter to Putin

    August 17, 2025

    Trump administration offers federal workers payouts for resignations in move mirroring Elon Musk’s memo at Twitter

    January 29, 2025
    Our Picks

    Metal Gear Solid back with remake years after Kojima left Konami

    August 31, 2025

    DC Business Owners Weigh In on Trump’s Crime Crackdown

    August 31, 2025

    Commentary: Will Southeast Asian exporters ‘eat’ the Trump tariffs?

    August 31, 2025
    Categories
    • Latest News
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Sports
    • Tech News
    • Trending News
    • US News
    • World Economy
    • World News
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Primeusnews.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.