Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Iranian students chant anti-government slogans, as US threats loom
    • Venezuela receives more than 1,500 amnesty requests under new law | Politics News
    • Kristijan Kahlina’s net play helps Charlotte tie St. Louis City
    • Late-game sequence ignites brawl in heated college basketball game
    • Trump hikes US global tariff rate to 15%
    • Israeli army kills 2 Palestinians in strikes on Gaza during Ramadan | Gaza News
    • Quinn Hughes’ game-winner should have Sweden ‘seeing ghosts’
    • Tim McGraw fought label to include ‘Indian Outlaw’ on second album
    Prime US News
    • Home
    • World News
    • Latest News
    • US News
    • Sports
    • Politics
    • Opinions
    • More
      • Tech News
      • Trending News
      • World Economy
    Prime US News
    Home»Latest News»ISIL claims responsibility for deadly church attack in eastern DR Congo | ISIL/ISIS News
    Latest News

    ISIL claims responsibility for deadly church attack in eastern DR Congo | ISIL/ISIS News

    Team_Prime US NewsBy Team_Prime US NewsJuly 28, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    A UN mission says 43 worshippers had been killed within the assault at an evening mass in a church.

    The armed group ISIL (ISIS) has claimed duty for a deadly attack {that a} United Nations mission says killed a minimum of 43 worshippers throughout an evening mass at a church in japanese Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).

    The assault, which came about on the church in Ituri province’s Komanda metropolis, noticed members of the ISIL-affiliated Allied Democratic Forces (ADF) killing individuals with weapons and machetes, and taking captives.

    ISIL mentioned on its Telegram channel that rebels had killed some 45 churchgoers and burned dozens of properties and retailers.

    The UN mission often known as MONUSCO mentioned a minimum of 43 individuals had been killed, together with 19 girls and 9 kids, and condemned the assault.

    Pope Leo despatched a message of condolences to the bereaved households and the Christian neighborhood who misplaced their kin and pals within the assault, saying he would pray for them.

    The Congolese authorities condemned the church assault as “horrific”, whereas the navy described it as a “large-scale bloodbath” carried out in revenge for current safety operations concentrating on the ADF.

    Nonetheless, M23, one other Congolese insurgent group, backed by Rwanda, used the assault to accuse the federal government of “blatant incompetence” in makes an attempt to guard residents.

    MONUSCO mentioned the church killings will “exacerbate an already extraordinarily worrying humanitarian scenario within the province”.

    The church assault on Sunday was the newest in a sequence of lethal ADF assaults on civilians, together with an assault earlier this month when the group killed 66 individuals in Ituri province.

    The assault occurred on July 11, at about 1am (00:00 GMT) within the Irumu space, close to the border with Uganda.

    The ADF originates in neighbouring Uganda, however is now based mostly within the mineral-rich japanese DRC. It mounts frequent assaults, additional destabilising a area the place many armed teams compete for affect and sources.

    The ADF was fashioned by disparate small teams in Uganda within the late Nineties following alleged discontent with President Yoweri Museveni.

    In 2002, following navy assaults by Ugandan forces, the group moved its actions to the neighbouring DRC and has since been accountable for the killings of hundreds of civilians. In 2019, it pledged allegiance to ISIL.

    The ADF’s management says it’s preventing to type a authorities within the East African nation.

    The DRC military has lengthy struggled in opposition to the insurgent group, and it’s now additionally grappling with a posh internet of assaults since renewed hostilities with the Rwanda-backed M23 rebels.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleDeion Sanders reveals medical problem he’s been battling
    Next Article Commentary: What the world got wrong about tariffs
    Team_Prime US News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Latest News

    Venezuela receives more than 1,500 amnesty requests under new law | Politics News

    February 21, 2026
    Latest News

    Israeli army kills 2 Palestinians in strikes on Gaza during Ramadan | Gaza News

    February 21, 2026
    Latest News

    Russian attack on Kharkiv kills two, Ukraine hits missile plant | Russia-Ukraine war News

    February 21, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Most Popular

    US Collecting Biometric Data For Canadian Visitors

    November 19, 2025

    The ‘Most three-pointers made in every NBA season since 1979-80’ quiz

    April 22, 2025

    Democratic US lawmakers say they were misled on Venezuela, demand a plan

    January 4, 2026
    Our Picks

    Iranian students chant anti-government slogans, as US threats loom

    February 21, 2026

    Venezuela receives more than 1,500 amnesty requests under new law | Politics News

    February 21, 2026

    Kristijan Kahlina’s net play helps Charlotte tie St. Louis City

    February 21, 2026
    Categories
    • Latest News
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Sports
    • Tech News
    • Trending News
    • US News
    • World Economy
    • World News
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Primeusnews.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.