NEWNow you can take heed to Fox Information articles!
Iran claims it’s open to compromise with the U.S. on a nuclear deal if the administration is keen to debate lifting sanctions, a senior Iranian official stated Sunday.
Majid Takht-Ravanchi, Iran’s deputy international minister, additionally stated in an interview that the ball was “in America’s court docket to show that they wish to do a deal,” including: “If they’re honest, I’m certain we will probably be on the highway to an settlement.”
“We’re prepared to debate this and different points associated to our program if they’re prepared to speak about sanctions,” Takht-Ravanchi instructed the BBC.
TRUMP SAYS NUCLEAR TALKS IN OMAN WERE ‘VERY GOOD,’ CLAIMS IRAN WANTS A DEAL ‘VERY BADLY’
Deputy Overseas Minister Majid Takht-Ravanchi says Iran is able to compromise if the U.S. discusses lifting sanctions. (SAFIN HAMID/AFP by way of Getty Photographs)
Takht-Ravanchi’s feedback got here as Iran’s prime diplomat traveled to Geneva for a second spherical of indirect talks with the U.S. delegation.
Abbas Araghchi left for the Swiss metropolis following an preliminary spherical of negotiations final week with Oman once more mediating the subsequent spherical of talks, in keeping with Iranian state media and the Associated Press.
U.S. officers, nevertheless, have emphasised that Iran — not the U.S. — is holding up progress in negotiations.
Secretary of State Marco Rubio stated Feb. 14 that President Donald Trump would favor to succeed in an settlement however warned it was “very exhausting to do” one with Iran.
Previous diplomatic efforts had collapsed in 2025 after Israel launched what became a 12-day conflict with Iran and U.S. strikes on Iranian nuclear websites.
SCOTT BESSENT SAYS IRAN UNDERSTANDS ‘BRUTE FORCE’ AS TRUMP WEIGHS OPTIONS AMID NUCLEAR STANDOFF

This satellite tv for pc picture supplied by Maxar Applied sciences reveals the Natanz nuclear facility in Iran on Jan. 24, 2025. (Maxar Applied sciences/AP)
However on Sunday, Takht-Ravanchi pointed to Tehran’s supply to dilute its stockpile of uranium enriched to 60% purity as proof of its willingness to compromise, the BBC reported.
Requested whether or not Iran would ship its stockpile of greater than 400 kilograms of extremely enriched uranium overseas, because it did beneath the 2015 deal, Takht-Ravanchi stated it was “too early to say what is going to occur in the middle of negotiations.”
One in all Iran’s major calls for is that talks concentrate on the nuclear challenge. “Our understanding is that they’ve come to the conclusion that if you wish to have a deal you must concentrate on the nuclear challenge,” Takht-Ravanchi stated.
Takht-Ravanchi additionally stated the “challenge of zero enrichment isn’t a problem anymore and so far as Iran is anxious, it’s not on the desk anymore.”
TRUMP SAYS IRAN ‘SERIOUSLY TALKING TO US’ AS MILITARY SHIPS HEAD TO MIDDLE EAST

The united statesGerald R. Ford was ordered to maneuver to the Center East because the U.S. prepares for the opportunity of sustained operations towards Iran. (Mass Communication Specialist 2nd Class Ridge Leoni/U.S. Navy by way of AP)
Trump has since threatened further military action if a deal to curb Iran’s nuclear program can’t be reached.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
The U.S. has additionally reinforced its military presence within the area amid heightened tensions and after spiraling protests throughout the nation in December left hundreds reportedly useless by the hands of the clerical regime.
