Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • One statistic shows how hot the Milwaukee Brewers have been
    • Republican Sen. Joni Ernst won’t seek reelection next year, source says
    • The Majority Must Be Wrong
    • Parents of Students Killed in Minneapolis Church Shooting Share Emotional Pleas
    • EU urges US to reconsider UN summit visa denial for Palestinians
    • ‘We are on the streets’: Palestinians flee Israel’s assault on Gaza City | Israel-Palestine conflict News
    • Dennis Schroder says he received racial abuse during EuroBasket game
    • Famed Tennessee sheriff who inspired Hollywood movie ‘Walking Tall’ implicated in wife’s murder
    Prime US News
    • Home
    • World News
    • Latest News
    • US News
    • Sports
    • Politics
    • Opinions
    • More
      • Tech News
      • Trending News
      • World Economy
    Prime US News
    Home»US News»Harvard student fears visa loss as Trump administration targets international enrollment
    US News

    Harvard student fears visa loss as Trump administration targets international enrollment

    Team_Prime US NewsBy Team_Prime US NewsMay 30, 2025No Comments4 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    A Harvard graduate pupil has described a “devastating” ambiance of uncertainty on campus because the Trump administration seems to accentuate its efforts to limit worldwide college students on the prestigious college.

    “It is positively been a roller-coaster trip,” stated Fangzhou Jiang, who has one semester remaining in his grasp’s program at Harvard’s Kennedy College of Authorities. “During the last week, everyone was actually panicking about whether or not they need to keep in the US or depart instantly.”

    A federal decide in Boston introduced Thursday she would issue a preliminary injunction blocking the Trump administration’s makes an attempt to forestall Harvard from enrolling worldwide college students.

    The ruling marks a short lived victory for the college in its ongoing confrontation with the White Home, which has launched a number of actions towards the establishment.

    A Harvard signal is seen on the Harvard College campus in Boston, Might 27, 2025.

    Rick Friedman/AFP by way of Getty Pictures

    The appearing director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement issued a letter Thursday giving the varsity 30 days to problem the administration’s revocation of the certification to enroll worldwide college students.

    DHS officers have stated that the revocation was crucial as a result of Harvard failed to show over details about worldwide college students — together with disciplinary information — as requested by the Trump administration.

    The college stated in a lawsuit towards the Trump administration that the actions from DHS have been “clear retaliation for Harvard exercising its First Modification rights to reject the federal government’s calls for to manage Harvard’s governance, curriculum, and the ‘ideology’ of its college and college students.”

    The Trump administration has already frozen greater than $3 billion in federal funding to Harvard and plans to cancel remaining federal contracts value an estimated $100 million. President Donald Trump has additionally expressed curiosity in revoking the college’s tax-exempt standing.

    Fangzhou Jiang is learning underneath a pupil visa and has one semester left earlier than graduating from Harvard’s Kennedy College of Authorities.

    ABC Information

    Tensions escalated additional Wednesday when Secretary of State Marco Rubio introduced officers would begin to “aggressively revoke” the visas of some Chinese language college students, sparking contemporary considerations among the many worldwide pupil neighborhood.

    “Everyone is questioning concerning the plan for subsequent 12 months—whether or not we must always take a go away of absence, whether or not we must always return house and end our semester on-line, or look forward to extra steering,” Jiang stated, who serves as vice chairman of pupil authorities on household affairs.

    For Harvard, the place worldwide college students comprise greater than a quarter of the student body, in keeping with the college, the affect may very well be vital. Jiang emphasised that worldwide college students play essential roles on campus, from conducting educational analysis to facilitating cultural exchanges.

    “Eradicating worldwide college students from Harvard will actually not make Harvard the Harvard it has been for the final 400 years,” Jiang stated. “It should affect the quantity of views Harvard has. It can positively weaken Harvard’s worldwide affect and repute. It’s positively not in the perfect curiosity of American greater training or the US as a nation.”

    Jiang stated that whereas the college has dedicated to defending worldwide college students by way of authorized actions and different means, particular steering for the upcoming educational 12 months is unclear. Primarily based on experiences through the COVID-19 pandemic, Jiang stays optimistic that on-line studying choices may present an answer if crucial.

    “The college has dedicated to defending worldwide college students in no matter capability,” Jiang stated. “I stay assured that the college will be capable to present measures to assist us end our training at Harvard.”

    Harvard College stated in an announcement to ABC Information, “Right now’s courtroom resolution permits the College to proceed enrolling worldwide college students and students whereas the case strikes ahead. Harvard will proceed to take steps to guard the rights of our worldwide college students and students, members of our neighborhood who’re important to the College’s educational mission and neighborhood—and whose presence right here advantages our nation immeasurably.”



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleFootball and other premium TV being pirated at ‘industrial scale’
    Next Article History may frown upon companies that ditched DEI
    Team_Prime US News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    US News

    Republican Sen. Joni Ernst won’t seek reelection next year, source says

    August 30, 2025
    US News

    Famed Tennessee sheriff who inspired Hollywood movie ‘Walking Tall’ implicated in wife’s murder

    August 30, 2025
    US News

    Swimmers face fecal contamination at beaches along US coastline

    August 30, 2025
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Most Popular

    Letters to the editor: DOGE layoffs hit Trump voters

    March 3, 2025

    Donald Trump’s steel and aluminium tariffs expected to push up US import costs by $100bn

    June 7, 2025

    US college declines to oppose Trump travel ban after Iranian students’ plea | Education News

    August 21, 2025
    Our Picks

    One statistic shows how hot the Milwaukee Brewers have been

    August 30, 2025

    Republican Sen. Joni Ernst won’t seek reelection next year, source says

    August 30, 2025

    The Majority Must Be Wrong

    August 30, 2025
    Categories
    • Latest News
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Sports
    • Tech News
    • Trending News
    • US News
    • World Economy
    • World News
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Primeusnews.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.