Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Trump Warns He May Send Troops to Baltimore to Fight Crime
    • China’s support for multilateralism is vital, says UN’s Guterres
    • Yemen’s Houthis confirm Israeli airstrike killed the group’s prime minister | Houthis News
    • Bittersweet day for American tennis at U.S. Open 
    • Contributor: Why California universities must fight Trump in court
    • DocuSign scam uses fake Apple Pay emails to trick victims
    • Vintage Electronics: Safer With a Dim-Bulb Tester
    • DHS Asks Military Base Near Chicago for Support on Immigration Operations
    Prime US News
    • Home
    • World News
    • Latest News
    • US News
    • Sports
    • Politics
    • Opinions
    • More
      • Tech News
      • Trending News
      • World Economy
    Prime US News
    Home»Latest News»Hamas welcomes Trump’s pullback from Gaza mass displacement plan | Gaza News
    Latest News

    Hamas welcomes Trump’s pullback from Gaza mass displacement plan | Gaza News

    Team_Prime US NewsBy Team_Prime US NewsMarch 13, 2025No Comments4 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    US president says ‘no person is expelling Palestinians from Gaza’, reversing earlier feedback on emptying the war-torn territory of its inhabitants.

    Hamas spokesperson Hazem Qassem has welcomed United States President Donald Trump’s obvious retreat from his proposed everlasting displacement of greater than two million Palestinians from Gaza.

    The assertion by the Hamas official got here after Trump mentioned on Wednesday that “no person is expelling any Palestinians from Gaza” in response to a query during a meeting in the White House with Eire’s Taoiseach Micheal Martin.

    “If US President Trump’s statements signify a retreat from any concept of ​​displacing the individuals of the Gaza Strip, they’re welcomed,” Qassem mentioned within the assertion.

    “We name for this place to be bolstered by obligating the Israeli occupation to implement all of the phrases of the ceasefire agreements,” he added.

    Trump sent shockwaves all through the Center East and past final month when he proposed a US takeover of Gaza and prompt that the war-torn territory’s Palestinian inhabitants be completely displaced to stay in neighbouring nations.

    Trump’s obvious reversal got here after Arab foreign ministers met in Qatar on Wednesday with the US’s Center East envoy Steve Witkoff to debate reconstruction for Gaza.

    Overseas ministers from Qatar, Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and the secretary-general of the Palestine Liberation Group had been current on the assembly, in accordance with an announcement from Qatar’s Ministry of Overseas Affairs.

    “The Arab overseas ministers mentioned the Gaza reconstruction plan, which was accredited on the Arab League Summit held in Cairo on March 4, 2025,” the ministry mentioned.

    “Additionally they agreed with the US envoy to proceed consultations and coordination on this plan as a foundation for the reconstruction efforts within the sector,” it added.

    On Saturday, the 57-member Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) formally adopted a plan for Gaza put ahead by the Arab League at an emergency assembly in Saudi Arabia. The Egyptian-spearheaded initiative emerged as a proposal to rebuild the Gaza Strip underneath the longer term administration of the Palestinian Authority in response to Trump’s menace to take over Gaza and empty the territory of its residents.

     

    Gaza ceasefire talks

    A brand new spherical of talks on a ceasefire in Gaza additionally started in Qatar on Tuesday, with Witkoff dispatched to Doha for the mediations.

    “The Arab ministers emphasised the significance of sustaining the ceasefire in Gaza and the occupied Palestinian territories, stressing the necessity for real efforts to attain a simply and complete peace based mostly on the two-state answer, guaranteeing the fulfilment of the Palestinian individuals’s aspirations for freedom and independence,” the Qatari Overseas Ministry assertion added.

    On Sunday, Taher al-Nono, a political adviser to the Hamas management, confirmed unprecedented, direct talks with Washington within the Qatari capital centered on the discharge of an American-Israeli twin nationwide being held by the armed group in Gaza.

    Al-Nono mentioned the conferences between Hamas leaders and the US’s hostage negotiator, Adam Boehler, had additionally mentioned tips on how to see by means of the implementation of the phased ceasefire settlement between Hamas and Israel aimed toward ending the warfare on Gaza.

    The direct discussions between Boehler and Hamas broke with a decades-old coverage by Washington towards negotiating with teams that the US manufacturers as “terrorist organisations”.

    A Hamas delegation has additionally met over the previous two days with Egyptian mediators and reaffirmed its readiness to barter the following part of the ceasefire with Israel, whereas Israel despatched negotiators to Doha on Monday for ceasefire talks.

    The 42-day first part of the Gaza ceasefire deal expired earlier this month with out settlement from Israel on subsequent levels meant to safe a long-lasting finish to its warfare on Gaza.

    Israel has since imposed a complete blockade on Gaza, which has entered a twelfth day and contains stopping the entry of meals, gas and medicines to the territory in what has been described as an act of collective punishment and Israel’s “weaponisation of humanitarian help” to strain Hamas.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleAmerican ends lengthy NCAA Tournament drought
    Next Article Trump blasts Ireland on trade during traditional visit
    Team_Prime US News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Latest News

    Yemen’s Houthis confirm Israeli airstrike killed the group’s prime minister | Houthis News

    August 30, 2025
    Latest News

    Iran arrests eight suspected of spying for Israel’s Mossad in 12-day war | Israel-Iran conflict News

    August 30, 2025
    Latest News

    Townsend through at US Open but tennis and Ostapenko in spotlight | Tennis News

    August 30, 2025
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Most Popular

    “Unnamed Pentagon Officials Have Slandered Our Character with Baseless Attacks”: Hegseth Aides Ousted in Leak Probe Fire Back, Say They Were Never Told What They Were Accused Of | The Gateway Pundit

    April 20, 2025

    US attacks Yemen again after at least 80 people killed in Hodeidah | Israel-Palestine conflict News

    April 20, 2025

    China says BRICS not seeking ‘confrontation’ after Trump tariff threat

    July 7, 2025
    Our Picks

    Trump Warns He May Send Troops to Baltimore to Fight Crime

    August 30, 2025

    China’s support for multilateralism is vital, says UN’s Guterres

    August 30, 2025

    Yemen’s Houthis confirm Israeli airstrike killed the group’s prime minister | Houthis News

    August 30, 2025
    Categories
    • Latest News
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Sports
    • Tech News
    • Trending News
    • US News
    • World Economy
    • World News
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Primeusnews.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.