Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Commentary: A US war with Iran is close. But what’s the goal?
    • Mexico announces killing of drug cartel kingpin ‘El Mencho’ | Drugs News
    • Lakers tickets could see massive price hike after franchise sale
    • Severe winter storm live updates: ‘The worst is yet to come,’ New York Gov. Hochul says of blizzard
    • McCain – “bomb, Bomb, Bomb, Bomb, Bomb Iran”
    • Netanyahu says India’s Modi to visit Israel Wednesday
    • Eze hurts Tottenham again to reignite Arsenal’s title hopes with 4-1 win | Football News
    • Team USA honors the late Johnny Gaudreau after winning Olympic gold
    Prime US News
    • Home
    • World News
    • Latest News
    • US News
    • Sports
    • Politics
    • Opinions
    • More
      • Tech News
      • Trending News
      • World Economy
    Prime US News
    Home»Latest News»‘Fields of rubble’: Israel, destroying Gaza City, kills 78 across enclave | Israel-Palestine conflict News
    Latest News

    ‘Fields of rubble’: Israel, destroying Gaza City, kills 78 across enclave | Israel-Palestine conflict News

    Team_Prime US NewsBy Team_Prime US NewsAugust 31, 2025No Comments6 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    Israel has stepped up its destruction of Gaza City because it plans to grab Gaza’s largest city centre and forcibly displace round a million Palestinians to focus zones within the south, because it killed a minimum of 78 folks throughout the besieged enclave since daybreak, together with 32 desperately searching for meals.

    On Sunday, in Gaza City, the Palestinian Civil Defence reported a fireplace in tents close to al-Quds Hospital after Israeli shelling. A minimum of 5 folks had been killed and three wounded when a residential house was hit close to the Remal neighbourhood.

    Ismail al-Thawabta, director of Gaza’s Authorities Media Workplace, mentioned the Israeli military can also be utilizing “explosive robots” in residential areas and forcibly displacing Palestinians in Gaza Metropolis.

    In an announcement on X on Sunday, al-Thawabta mentioned the military has detonated greater than 80 such gadgets in civilian neighbourhoods over the previous three weeks, calling it a “scorched-earth coverage” that has destroyed houses and endangered lives.

    He mentioned a couple of million Palestinians in Gaza Metropolis and the north of the enclave “refuse to undergo the coverage of pressured displacement and ethnic cleaning” regardless of the destruction and hunger attributable to the Israeli assault.

    Footage posted on Instagram by Palestinian journalist Faiz Osama and verified by Al Jazeera confirmed the moments that adopted an Israeli aerial assault on the Sabra neighbourhood, within the southern a part of Gaza Metropolis.

    Within the footage, as plumes of smoke rise to the sky, a baby will be seen screaming with a wound to the leg. A person additionally lays on the bottom with what seems to be a head harm.

    The video additionally exhibits the destruction left by the strike after residential buildings had been flattened by the explosion.

    Israel’s forces have carried out sustained bombardment on Gaza Metropolis since early August as a part of a deepening push to grab the realm within the newest part of its almost two-year genocidal conflict.

    On Friday, the Israeli army mentioned it had begun the “preliminary levels” of its offensive, declaring the realm a “fight zone”.

    ‘Fields of rubble’

    Reporting from Gaza Metropolis on Sunday, Al Jazeera’s Hani Mahmoud mentioned intensifying Israeli assaults have been turning components of Gaza Metropolis, as soon as teeming and crowded with residential buildings, into “fields of rubble”.

    “There’s continuous heavy artillery concentrating on the Zeitoun space and Jabalia, the place we’re seeing the systematic demolition of houses. There’s hardly any combating occurring, however heavy artillery and bulldozers are shifting from one road to the opposite, destroying all of those residential clusters,” he mentioned.

    “The vast majority of folks in these areas do not need the posh to pack up and go away as a result of there is no such thing as a security anyplace.”

    One other Palestinian journalist was additionally killed on Sunday. A supply at al-Shifa Hospital informed Al Jazeera that Islam Abed was killed in an Israeli assault on Gaza Metropolis and that she labored for Al-Quds Al-Youm TV channel.

    The Authorities Media Workplace mentioned the “variety of martyred journalists has risen to 247″ because the conflict started. Different tallies have put the variety of journalists and media staff killed at greater than 270.

    On Monday, 5 journalists – certainly one of whom labored for Al Jazeera – had been amongst a minimum of 21 people killed in an Israeli assault on Nasser Hospital in southern Gaza’s Khan Younis.

    ‘Life is troublesome, so we are going to keep in our residence’

    Many residents in Gaza Metropolis are opting to remain put regardless of Israel declaring it a “fight zone”.

    It was Gaza’s most populous metropolis earlier than the conflict started, residence to about 700,000 folks. Then lots of of 1000’s fled underneath Israel’s pressured evacuation threats earlier than many returned, joined by 1000’s of different displaced from the south, throughout a January-to-March ceasefire, which Israel broke.

    Fedaa Hamad, who was displaced from Beit Hanoon, mentioned she has “no plans to go away” Gaza Metropolis this time regardless of Israel’s newest warning.

    “We’re drained from the primary displacement. The place are we going to go? Is there a spot within the south? We can’t discover it,” she mentioned.

    Akram Mzini, a resident of Gaza Metropolis, mentioned he wouldn’t go away “as a result of displacement could be very troublesome”.

    “We had been displaced to the south earlier than, and displacement within the south is just not easy and it’s expensive,” he mentioned. “Life is troublesome, so we are going to keep in our residence, and no matter God needs will occur.”

    Elsewhere in Gaza on Sunday, an Israeli assault on the centre of Deir el-Balah killed a minimum of 4 folks, Al Jazeera Arabic reported.

    Earlier, medical sources mentioned an Israeli bombardment killed a minimum of one particular person and wounded a number of within the metropolis, situated within the central a part of the Gaza Strip.

    Israeli forces have killed a minimum of 78 Palestinians throughout Gaza since daybreak, together with 32 help seekers, in line with medical sources.

    For the reason that conflict started, Israel has killed a minimum of 63,459 folks and wounded 160,256. A complete of 1,139 folks had been killed in Israel throughout the Hamas-led October 7, 2023, assaults, and about 200 had been taken captive.

    On Sunday, Israeli military chief Eyal Zamir held a state of affairs evaluation assembly along with his high commanders, saying the army should “provoke” extra assaults to shock and attain its targets anyplace.

    Many extra reserve troopers will assemble this week “in preparation for the continued intensification of the combating in opposition to Hamas in Gaza Metropolis”, Zamir was quoted as saying by the army.

    In the meantime, the armed wing of Hamas mentioned its fighters efficiently attacked two invading Israeli army autos in Gaza Metropolis on Saturday.

    The Qassam Brigades mentioned a Merkava tank of the Israeli military was hit with a Yassin-105 shell, whereas a D9 army bulldozer was focused with an explosive machine on a road southwest of the Zeitoun neighbourhood of the besieged space.

    As world condemnation in opposition to the state of affairs grows, within the largest try to interrupt the Israeli blockade of the Palestinian territory by sea, the Global Sumud Flotilla left the Spanish port metropolis of Barcelona on Sunday.

    The flotilla’s launch comes after the United Nations-backed Built-in Meals Safety Part Classification (IPC) declared a state of famine in Gaza this month.

    The World Sumud Flotilla, which describes itself as an impartial group not linked to any authorities or political occasion, didn’t say what number of ships would set sail or the precise time of departure, however Swedish campaigner Greta Thunberg spoke of “dozens” of vessels.

    Sumud means “perseverance” in Arabic.

    Two earlier makes an attempt by activists to ship help by ship to Gaza had been blocked by Israel.

    Mohamad Elmasry of the Doha Institute for Graduate Research informed Al Jazeera that whereas the flotilla was “an necessary act of symbolic resistance … finally, they are going to be intercepted”.

    “This isn’t going to resolve the famine,” he mentioned. “What’s going to resolve the famine, finally, is governments doing their job to cease genocide and deliberate hunger programmes.”



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleArch Manning’s No. 1 pick odds fall after loss to Ohio State
    Next Article US judge blocks deportations of unaccompanied migrant children to Guatemala
    Team_Prime US News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Latest News

    Mexico announces killing of drug cartel kingpin ‘El Mencho’ | Drugs News

    February 22, 2026
    Latest News

    Eze hurts Tottenham again to reignite Arsenal’s title hopes with 4-1 win | Football News

    February 22, 2026
    Latest News

    US envoy Huckabee tries to deny saying he would support Israel expansionism | Israel-Palestine conflict News

    February 22, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Most Popular

    Man says two of his cats died after drinking raw milk recalled for bird flu

    January 12, 2025

    Five times council meetings have descended into chaos

    February 17, 2025

    Canadian Govt To Kill 400 Ostriches To Prevent COVID Research

    November 7, 2025
    Our Picks

    Commentary: A US war with Iran is close. But what’s the goal?

    February 22, 2026

    Mexico announces killing of drug cartel kingpin ‘El Mencho’ | Drugs News

    February 22, 2026

    Lakers tickets could see massive price hike after franchise sale

    February 22, 2026
    Categories
    • Latest News
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Sports
    • Tech News
    • Trending News
    • US News
    • World Economy
    • World News
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Primeusnews.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.