Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • DHS Asks Military Base Near Chicago for Support on Immigration Operations
    • Ukrainian former parliamentary speaker Parubiy shot dead in Lviv
    • Iran arrests eight suspected of spying for Israel’s Mossad in 12-day war | Israel-Iran conflict News
    • Aroldis Chapman is quietly putting together a historic season
    • Russia’s ‘massive strike’ on Ukraine overnight kills 1, injures 29, Ukrainian authorities say
    • Trump Signs Bill to Cancel $9 Billion for Foreign Aid, Public Broadcasting
    • US to deny visas to Palestinian officials for UN summit on statehood
    • Townsend through at US Open but tennis and Ostapenko in spotlight | Tennis News
    Prime US News
    • Home
    • World News
    • Latest News
    • US News
    • Sports
    • Politics
    • Opinions
    • More
      • Tech News
      • Trending News
      • World Economy
    Prime US News
    Home»Latest News»Elon Musk-led group makes $97.4bn bid for OpenAI | Elon Musk News
    Latest News

    Elon Musk-led group makes $97.4bn bid for OpenAI | Elon Musk News

    Team_Prime US NewsBy Team_Prime US NewsFebruary 10, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    Musk’s bid may ratchet up longstanding tensions with OpenAI CEO Sam Altman over the way forward for the startup.

    A consortium led by Elon Musk stated it has supplied $97.4bn to purchase the nonprofit that controls OpenAI, months after the billionaire sued the unreal intelligence startup to dam it from transitioning to a for-profit agency.

    Musk’s bid, revealed on Monday, may ratchet up longstanding tensions with OpenAI CEO Sam Altman over the way forward for the startup on the coronary heart of a growth in generative AI expertise.

    Altman promptly posted on X: “No thanks however we’ll purchase twitter for $9.74 billion if you’d like.”

    The 2 are already embroiled in an ongoing lawsuit. Musk criticised a $500bn OpenAI-led challenge referred to as Stargate introduced with nice fanfare on the White Home simply after United States President Donald Trump returned to workplace, suggesting the buyers concerned lacked the funding for the challenge.

    “It’s time for OpenAI to return to the open-source, safety-focused drive for good it as soon as was,” Musk stated within the press launch. “We are going to guarantee that occurs.”

    OpenAI, Musk, Musk’s lawyer Marc Toberoff and OpenAI backer Microsoft didn’t instantly reply to requests for remark from the Reuters information company.

    The bid is being backed by Musk’s AI firm xAI, which may merge with OpenAI following a deal, in keeping with The Wall Road Journal, which first reported Musk’s supply earlier on Monday.

    Even with none antitrust implications, a deal this dimension would want Musk and his consortium to lift monumental funds.

    OpenAI was valued at $157bn in its newest funding spherical in October, cementing its standing as some of the useful non-public corporations on the earth. SoftBank Group is in talks to guide a funding spherical of as much as $40bn in OpenAI at a valuation of $300bn, together with the brand new funds, the Reuters information company reported in January.

    Musk co-founded OpenAI with Altman in 2015, however left earlier than the corporate took off. He based the competing AI startup xAI in 2023.

    OpenAI is now making an attempt to transition right into a for-profit from a nonprofit entity, which it says is required to safe the capital wanted for growing the most effective synthetic intelligence fashions.

    Musk’s lawsuit in opposition to OpenAI and Altman says the founders initially approached him to fund a nonprofit centered on growing AI to profit humanity, however that it was now centered on getting cash.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticlePadres looking to move on from former All-Stars
    Next Article Trump signs executive orders on steel, aluminium tariffs
    Team_Prime US News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Latest News

    Iran arrests eight suspected of spying for Israel’s Mossad in 12-day war | Israel-Iran conflict News

    August 30, 2025
    Latest News

    Townsend through at US Open but tennis and Ostapenko in spotlight | Tennis News

    August 30, 2025
    Latest News

    Three killed in fire at Indonesian government building blamed on protesters | Protests News

    August 30, 2025
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Most Popular

    Watch: Reds crumble against Cubs in disastrous home loss

    May 26, 2025

    What’s Behind Meta’s Makeover Ahead of Trump’s Second Term?

    January 9, 2025

    Germany Seeks Independence From The USA

    February 26, 2025
    Our Picks

    DHS Asks Military Base Near Chicago for Support on Immigration Operations

    August 30, 2025

    Ukrainian former parliamentary speaker Parubiy shot dead in Lviv

    August 30, 2025

    Iran arrests eight suspected of spying for Israel’s Mossad in 12-day war | Israel-Iran conflict News

    August 30, 2025
    Categories
    • Latest News
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Sports
    • Tech News
    • Trending News
    • US News
    • World Economy
    • World News
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Primeusnews.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.