Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • AI Data Centers Study High-Temperature Superconductors
    • Global summit calls for ‘secure, trustworthy and robust AI’
    • Russian attack on Kharkiv kills two, Ukraine hits missile plant | Russia-Ukraine war News
    • Veteran MLB umpire retires after having one of ‘worst performances’
    • No Canadians should be visiting the U.S. while Trump is president
    • Border czar Tom Homan says ICE surge operation in Minneapolis is ‘over’
    • Israeli strikes in Lebanon kill at least 10, including senior Hezbollah official
    • India vs South Africa: T20 World Cup Super Eights – teams, start, lineups | ICC Men’s T20 World Cup News
    Prime US News
    • Home
    • World News
    • Latest News
    • US News
    • Sports
    • Politics
    • Opinions
    • More
      • Tech News
      • Trending News
      • World Economy
    Prime US News
    Home»US News»Border czar Tom Homan says ICE surge operation in Minneapolis is ‘over’
    US News

    Border czar Tom Homan says ICE surge operation in Minneapolis is ‘over’

    Team_Prime US NewsBy Team_Prime US NewsFebruary 21, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    NEWNow you can take heed to Fox Information articles!

    Border czar Tom Homan instructed CNN’s Sara Sidner on Friday that ICE’s immigration surge in Minneapolis is “over,” and that the company’s footprint would shrink to roughly 150 brokers “inside per week.”

    Throughout his interview on “CNN Information Central,” Homan was requested concerning the standing of the immigration agent drawdown in Minneapolis.

    “The place are we? What number of officers have left? What number of are nonetheless there and the way lengthy will they keep?” Sidner questioned.

    JACOB FREY IS SKEPTICAL OF ICE WITHDRAWAL FROM MINNEAPOLIS, SAYS ‘I’LL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT’

    White Home border czar Tom Homan deployed to Minnesota on Jan. 26, 2026, to run level on the immigration crackdown within the state.  (Jim Watson/Getty Photos)

    Though Homan stated he was uncertain of the precise variety of brokers remaining within the metropolis, he defined his plans for immigration operations in Minneapolis transferring ahead. 

    “My plan is to get again to the common footprint, which is 150, however with a few caveats,” Homan stated. “Primary, we do have a small workforce of safety forces to again up ICE brokers in case issues get out of hand. And if regulation enforcement continues to reply like they’ve dedicated to, then we’ll pull that small drive out.”

    Regardless of the planned reduction of federal immigration brokers in Minneapolis, Homan confirmed that the investigators probing alleged widespread fraud within the metropolis will “stay till the investigations are over.”

    “However so far as the immigration surge, it is over,” he continued. “And we ought to be again to common footprint inside per week.”

    LEAVITT VOWS NOTHING WILL STOP ICE ENFORCEMENT AFTER 4,000 ILLEGAL ALIEN CRIMINALS CAUGHT IN MINNESOTA

    Earlier within the interview, Homan was requested why he referred to the immigration operation in Minneapolis as “a fantastic success,” regardless of being so unpopular with a number of the metropolis’s residents and management.

    “Nicely, I by no means anticipated the politicians to name it a fantastic success, to offer President Trump a win. However backside line, the streets of Minneapolis and the streets in Minnesota are safer at this time as a result of we’re working with an unprecedented variety of sheriffs within the state that can name us earlier than they launch a public security menace to the road,” he responded. “That is safer for the neighborhood, safer for brokers, [safer] for the alien.”

    Individual lies on ground while being arrested by federal agents in Minneapolis

    An individual is detained by federal brokers on Tuesday, Feb. 3, 2026, in Minneapolis.  (Ryan Murphy/AP)

    “We’ve nice relationships with the state. They honored detainers for anyone [in] the state jail system,” Homan continued. “And even in Minneapolis, Mayor Frey, we cannot agree on a lot, however Minneapolis PD was really responding after I met with the mayor to take down the unlawful roadblocks put up by agitators. And all of the regulation enforcement, each chief of police I met, each sheriff I met promised to reply to public issues of safety.”

    The border czar added that when ICE is finishing up enforcement operations, “they get surrounded by agitators and issues get uncontrolled,” however native authorities have “dedicated to responding” to potential security issues.

    CLICK HERE FOR MORE COVERAGE OF MEDIA AND CULTURE

    Final week, Homan told reporters throughout a information convention on the Bishop Whipple Federal in Minneapolis that the operation succeeded in lowering public security threats with “unprecedented ranges of coordination” from state officers and native regulation enforcement.

    Tom Homan speaks at a podium during a press conference.

    White Home border czar Tom Homan speaks throughout a press convention on the Bishop Henry Whipple Federal Constructing in Minneapolis, Minnesota, on Feb. 4, 2026. (Charly Triballeau/AFP through Getty Photos)

    “Because of our efforts right here, Minnesota is now much less of a sanctuary state for criminals,” Homan stated.

    “I’ve proposed, and President Trump has concurred, that this surge operation conclude,” he added.

    CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

    Fox Information Digital’s Stephen Sorace contributed to this report.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleIsraeli strikes in Lebanon kill at least 10, including senior Hezbollah official
    Next Article No Canadians should be visiting the U.S. while Trump is president
    Team_Prime US News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    US News

    Over 40 million Americans on alert for winter storm conditions over the weekend

    February 21, 2026
    US News

    Louisiana Ten Commandments law advances as 5th Circuit lifts block

    February 21, 2026
    US News

    US military strikes another alleged drug boat in eastern Pacific, killing 3

    February 21, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Most Popular

    Market volatility complicates work for lawmakers in Alaska

    April 12, 2025

    Trump Serious About Combatting Global Censorship

    February 21, 2025

    UK nursery worker jailed for sexually assaulting children and filming abuse

    February 12, 2026
    Our Picks

    AI Data Centers Study High-Temperature Superconductors

    February 21, 2026

    Global summit calls for ‘secure, trustworthy and robust AI’

    February 21, 2026

    Russian attack on Kharkiv kills two, Ukraine hits missile plant | Russia-Ukraine war News

    February 21, 2026
    Categories
    • Latest News
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Sports
    • Tech News
    • Trending News
    • US News
    • World Economy
    • World News
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Primeusnews.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.