Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • USPS makes new rules for mail-in ballots
    • Balaji Ingole Develops AI Tools for E-Commerce Sites
    • Titans-Seahawks Caps NFL Preseason Week Two
    • Iran says new sanctions threatened by ‘desperate’ US will fail
    • Canada, US and tit-for-tat tariffs: How will they impact their economies? | Trade War News
    • Giancarlo Stanton suffers another setback during rehab
    • Letters to the Editor: As ‘first assistant,’ Essayli has been wielding power he shouldn’t have
    • Gov. Abbott dismisses GOP worries about Texas, says choice between Talarico and Paxton is ‘easy’
    Prime US News
    • Home
    • World News
    • Latest News
    • US News
    • Sports
    • Politics
    • Opinions
    • More
      • Tech News
      • Trending News
      • World Economy
    Prime US News
    Home»Trending News»Iran says no longer bound by ‘restrictions’ on its nuclear programme
    Trending News

    Iran says no longer bound by ‘restrictions’ on its nuclear programme

    Team_Prime US NewsBy Team_Prime US NewsOctober 18, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    TEHRAN: Iran stated on Saturday (Oct 18) that it was not sure by restrictions on its nuclear programme as a landmark 10-year deal between it and world powers expired, although Tehran reiterated its “dedication to diplomacy”.

    The 2015 deal – signed in Vienna by Iran, China, Britain, France, Germany, Russia and america – noticed the lifting of worldwide sanctions towards the Islamic republic in alternate for restrictions on its nuclear programme.

    However the pact had already been in tatters after Washington unilaterally withdrew throughout President Donald Trump’s first time period, with Iran later pulling again from its commitments.

    The reimposition final month of United Nations sanctions on the urging of three of the deal’s European signatories rendered the accord successfully moot.

    To any extent further, “the entire provisions (of the deal), together with the restrictions on the Iranian nuclear programme and the associated mechanisms are thought-about terminated”, Iran’s international ministry stated in a press release on the day of the pact’s expiration.

    “Iran firmly expresses its dedication to diplomacy,” it added.

    Western powers have lengthy accused Iran of secretly searching for nuclear weapons – one thing it has repeatedly denied, insisting its nuclear programme is solely for civilian functions comparable to vitality manufacturing.

    The deal’s “termination day” was set for Oct 18, 2025, precisely 10 years after it was enshrined within the UN’s Safety Council decision 2231.

    The accord capped Iran’s uranium enrichment at 3.67 per cent in alternate for sanctions reduction and supplied for strict supervision of its nuclear actions by the UN’s nuclear watchdog, the Worldwide Atomic Power Company (IAEA).

    However Washington left the deal in 2018 and reinstated sanctions, after which Tehran started stepping up its nuclear programme.

    In response to the IAEA, Iran is the one nation and not using a nuclear weapons programme to counterpoint uranium to 60 per cent. That’s near the brink of 90 per cent required for a bomb, and properly above the extent wanted for civilian nuclear use.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleIran says restrictions on nuclear programme ‘terminated’ as deal expires | Nuclear Energy News
    Next Article Greg Gutfeld Dumps Cold Water on the ‘No Kings’ Protests: ‘An Imaginary Solution for an Imaginary Problem’ (VIDEO) | The Gateway Pundit
    Team_Prime US News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Trending News

    Iran says new sanctions threatened by ‘desperate’ US will fail

    August 23, 2026
    Trending News

    US, Iran keep up hostile rhetoric ahead of new sanctions

    August 23, 2026
    Trending News

    Canada retaliates as trade war with US escalates

    August 23, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Most Popular

    Worker at France’s Elysee Palace to face trial over alleged theft | Crime News

    December 21, 2025

    Hey, why not a new Trader Joe’s in South L.A. or East L.A.?

    January 3, 2025

    US authorities investigate huge ‘8647’ marking on grounds of National Mall in Washington

    June 12, 2026
    Our Picks

    USPS makes new rules for mail-in ballots

    August 23, 2026

    Balaji Ingole Develops AI Tools for E-Commerce Sites

    August 23, 2026

    Titans-Seahawks Caps NFL Preseason Week Two

    August 23, 2026
    Categories
    • Latest News
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Sports
    • Tech News
    • Trending News
    • US News
    • World Economy
    • World News
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Primeusnews.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.