Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Trump calls DHS funding fight a ‘Democrat shutdown,’ says GOP has ‘nothing’ to do with it
    • US judge cites ‘1984’ in ordering reinstatement of slavery exhibit
    • Australian PM Albanese says no help for ISIL relatives held in Syria camp | ISIL/ISIS News
    • Former NFL GM sends Rodgers warning to Steelers amid reports
    • U.S. troops arrive in Nigeria for support mission against militants
    • Trump says he will be involved indirectly in Iran talks
    • US deploys 100 soldiers to Nigeria as attacks by armed groups surge | Religion News
    • Tyreek Hill linked to two teams after his release
    Prime US News
    • Home
    • World News
    • Latest News
    • US News
    • Sports
    • Politics
    • Opinions
    • More
      • Tech News
      • Trending News
      • World Economy
    Prime US News
    Home»Trending News»Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs juror dismissed despite defence’s concern about race
    Trending News

    Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs juror dismissed despite defence’s concern about race

    Team_Prime US NewsBy Team_Prime US NewsJune 17, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    A black juror was dismissed from Sean “Diddy” Combs’ intercourse trafficking trial on Monday (Jun 16), regardless of defence objections that the dismissal would cut back the racial variety of the panel figuring out the hip-hop mogul’s destiny.

    US District Decide Arun Subramanian stated the juror’s inconsistent solutions to questions on the place he lived raised questions on his honesty and will taint a verdict.

    Subramanian stated he took defence considerations about race significantly – Combs is black – however couldn’t take note of that the black male juror would get replaced by a white male, who had been an alternate juror.

    “The court docket shouldn’t, certainly can’t, permit race to enter into its consideration,” Subramanian stated outdoors the jury’s presence, because the sixth week of Combs’ trial obtained underway in Manhattan federal court docket.

    The jury is nameless, which is widespread for high-profile trials the place jurors may face threats or harassment if their identities have been identified. 

    Subramanian stated the jury was “numerous”.

    Combs has pleaded not responsible to racketeering and intercourse trafficking prices. Prosecutors say he coerced ladies over twenty years to participate in drug-fueled sexual performances with male intercourse employees, typically often called “Freak Offs”. The defence says the sexual exercise described by prosecutors was consensual. 

    Legal professionals for Combs, 55, have argued that their consumer was unfairly focused due to his race. In a Sunday evening court docket submitting, protection attorneys wrote that the juror in query was considered one of two black males on the jury. 

    “The equity of the trial relies upon partially on having jurors with backgrounds just like Mr Combs share their views on the proof with different jurors from numerous backgrounds throughout deliberations,” Combs’ attorneys wrote. 

    Prosecutors stated in a Monday court docket submitting that it was “baseless” for the defence to counsel that that they had a racial motivation to hunt the juror’s dismissal. 



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleTrump’s cabinet is less hawkish. Will that affect his Israel-Iran response? | Israel-Iran conflict News
    Next Article HORROR: Knife-Wielding Man with 18 Prior Arrests Slashes Two Court Officers in Manhattan Criminal Court (VIDEO) | The Gateway Pundit
    Team_Prime US News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Trending News

    US judge cites ‘1984’ in ordering reinstatement of slavery exhibit

    February 17, 2026
    Trending News

    Trump says he will be involved indirectly in Iran talks

    February 17, 2026
    Trending News

    German carnival revellers take swipes at Putin, Trump, Epstein

    February 16, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Most Popular

    Report: Edwards reached out to Jordan for advice in notable area

    January 27, 2025

    Former US Supreme Court Justice David Souter dies at 85

    May 9, 2025

    Europe’s 2024 Fruit And Vegetable Harvests

    September 2, 2025
    Our Picks

    Trump calls DHS funding fight a ‘Democrat shutdown,’ says GOP has ‘nothing’ to do with it

    February 17, 2026

    US judge cites ‘1984’ in ordering reinstatement of slavery exhibit

    February 17, 2026

    Australian PM Albanese says no help for ISIL relatives held in Syria camp | ISIL/ISIS News

    February 17, 2026
    Categories
    • Latest News
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Sports
    • Tech News
    • Trending News
    • US News
    • World Economy
    • World News
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Primeusnews.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.