Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Canada To Provide Express Entry To Trained Foreign Military Personnel
    • Australian PM Albanese plays down chance of referendum on monarchy
    • A timeline of British royal sagas and scandals in recent decades | Politics News
    • Four years after scandal, Olympic women’s figure skating delivers an utterly redemptive podium
    • Regulation of nuclear weapons is an international job, not the U.S.’
    • Americans oppose the tactics ICE is using to enforce immigration laws by 2:1 margin: Poll
    • The US Trade Deficit – A Cause For Concern?
    • Asos co-founder Quentin Griffiths dies in Thailand after falling from Pattaya condo balcony
    Prime US News
    • Home
    • World News
    • Latest News
    • US News
    • Sports
    • Politics
    • Opinions
    • More
      • Tech News
      • Trending News
      • World Economy
    Prime US News
    Home»Trending News»Harvard University sues to block Trump from slashing billions in research funding
    Trending News

    Harvard University sues to block Trump from slashing billions in research funding

    Team_Prime US NewsBy Team_Prime US NewsApril 22, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    The Trump administration started a overview of US$9 billion in federal funding for Harvard in March and subsequently gave the college a sweeping listing of calls for, together with a masks ban and finish to all variety, fairness and inclusion packages.

    Since then, the Trump administration has frozen US$2.3 billion in funding to Harvard and threatened to strip the college of its tax-exempt standing and take away its means to enroll international college students. It has additionally demanded info on the college’s international ties, funding, college students and school.

    The Trump administration has additionally paused some funding for universities together with Columbia, Princeton, Cornell, Northwestern and Brown over the campus protests.

    In an announcement concerning the Harvard lawsuit, college president Alan Garber mentioned the establishment would proceed to battle hate and totally adjust to anti-discrimination legal guidelines, which Trump accused it of violating in its response to pro-Palestine protests.

    As a substitute of participating with Harvard about combating antisemitism as civil rights legislation requires, Garber mentioned, the federal government was looking for “to control whom we hire and teach”.

    The lawsuit names varied federal officers and companies, together with the departments of Well being and Human Providers, Vitality and Training.

    Representatives of these companies didn’t instantly reply to a request for remark.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleHaiti is nearing ‘point of no return’ as gang violence surges: UN official | Armed Groups News
    Next Article 9 Americans Held Hostage In Venezuela — Where Is The Outrage? Where Is The Bipartisan Support? (VIDEO) | The Gateway Pundit
    Team_Prime US News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Trending News

    Australian PM Albanese plays down chance of referendum on monarchy

    February 20, 2026
    Trending News

    Asos co-founder Quentin Griffiths dies in Thailand after falling from Pattaya condo balcony

    February 20, 2026
    Trending News

    X files? Trump says he’s ordering release of data on UFOs and aliens

    February 20, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Most Popular

    Reporter Now Covering the Trump White House for Politico Said That She Cried When Trump Won in 2016 | The Gateway Pundit

    October 1, 2025

    Three Patriots rookies who should make an immediate impact

    June 16, 2025

    Nancy Pelosi Tears Up a ‘Crown’ to Celebrate “No Kings” Day and Not Even Turning Off the Replies Can Save Her from a Brutal Roasting (VIDEO) | The Gateway Pundit

    October 19, 2025
    Our Picks

    Canada To Provide Express Entry To Trained Foreign Military Personnel

    February 20, 2026

    Australian PM Albanese plays down chance of referendum on monarchy

    February 20, 2026

    A timeline of British royal sagas and scandals in recent decades | Politics News

    February 20, 2026
    Categories
    • Latest News
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Sports
    • Tech News
    • Trending News
    • US News
    • World Economy
    • World News
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Primeusnews.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.