Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Trump Signs Bill to Cancel $9 Billion for Foreign Aid, Public Broadcasting
    • US to deny visas to Palestinian officials for UN summit on statehood
    • Townsend through at US Open but tennis and Ostapenko in spotlight | Tennis News
    • After an amazing career, it’s time for Lee Corso’s final goodbye
    • Pam Bondi fires DOJ paralegal for allegedly flipping off National Guard member
    • More Than 100,000 Americans Apply to Join ICE: DHS
    • Israel intensifies assault on Gaza City as humanitarian toll mounts
    • Three killed in fire at Indonesian government building blamed on protesters | Protests News
    Prime US News
    • Home
    • World News
    • Latest News
    • US News
    • Sports
    • Politics
    • Opinions
    • More
      • Tech News
      • Trending News
      • World Economy
    Prime US News
    Home»Latest News»Sudan paramilitaries kill at least 100 people in Darfur attack, UN says | News
    Latest News

    Sudan paramilitaries kill at least 100 people in Darfur attack, UN says | News

    Team_Prime US NewsBy Team_Prime US NewsApril 13, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    The RSF and allied militias launched an assault on the Zamzam and Abu Shorouk camps and the town of el-Fasher.

    The Sudanese paramilitary Speedy Help Forces (RSF) has carried out a two-day assault on famine-hit camps for displaced folks within the Darfur area that killed greater than 100 folks, together with 20 kids and 9 support staff, in keeping with the United Nations.

    Clementine Nkweta-Salami, the UN resident and humanitarian coordinator in Sudan, on Saturday stated the RSF and allied militias launched an offensive on the Zamzam and Abu Shorouk camps and the close by metropolis of el-Fasher, the provincial capital of North Darfur province.

    The camps had been attacked on Friday and once more on Saturday, Nkweta-Salami stated in an announcement, and 9 support staff had been killed “whereas working one of many only a few remaining well being posts” in Zamzam camp.

    Zamzam and Abu Shouk shelter greater than 700,000 individuals who have been pressured to flee their houses throughout Darfur throughout previous bouts of combating within the area, in keeping with UN figures.

    “This represents one more lethal and unacceptable escalation in a sequence of brutal assaults on displaced folks and support staff in Sudan because the onset of this battle almost two years in the past,” she stated.

    “I strongly urge these committing such acts to instantly desist.”

    The UN official didn’t determine the help staff, however Sudan’s Medical doctors’ Union stated in an announcement that six medical staff with the Aid Worldwide group had been killed when their hospital in Zamzam got here underneath assault on Friday.

    They embody Mahmoud Babaker Idris, a doctor on the hospital, and Adam Babaker Abdallah, head of the group within the area, the union stated. It blamed the RSF for “this felony and barbaric act”.

    Aid Worldwide confirmed the dying of its 9 staff, saying they had been killed in a “focused assault on all well being infrastructure within the area”, together with the group’s clinic. The group stated the central market in Zamzam and tons of of makeshift houses within the camp had been destroyed within the assault.

    Zamzam and Abu Shouk are amongst 5 areas in Sudan the place famine was detected by the Built-in Meals Safety Section Classification, IPC, a world starvation monitoring group. The warfare has created the world’s largest humanitarian disaster, with about 25 million folks – half of Sudan’s inhabitants – dealing with excessive starvation.

    In current weeks, the paramilitaries have stepped up their assaults on el-Fasher – the one state capital in Darfur nonetheless outdoors their management – after the military recaptured the nationwide capital Khartoum final month.

    Amnesty Worldwide revealed a report earlier this month accusing the RSF of subjecting girls and women to “horrific” sexual violence and gang rape, as a part of their technique within the nation’s civil warfare.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleNFL Draft countdown: Focus on Cowboys’ first-round pick at No. 12
    Next Article Israeli missiles strike Gaza hospital, patients evacuated
    Team_Prime US News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Latest News

    Townsend through at US Open but tennis and Ostapenko in spotlight | Tennis News

    August 30, 2025
    Latest News

    Three killed in fire at Indonesian government building blamed on protesters | Protests News

    August 30, 2025
    Latest News

    North Korea’s Kim consoles families of soldiers killed fighting for Russia | Kim Jong Un News

    August 30, 2025
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Most Popular

    Juan Soto, Seiya Suzuki headline biggest MLB All-Star snubs

    July 7, 2025

    Will Trump’s tariff ‘liberation day’ rock markets?

    March 31, 2025

    Brighton vs Arsenal preview; kickoff time, team news, how to follow, stream | Football News

    January 3, 2025
    Our Picks

    Trump Signs Bill to Cancel $9 Billion for Foreign Aid, Public Broadcasting

    August 30, 2025

    US to deny visas to Palestinian officials for UN summit on statehood

    August 30, 2025

    Townsend through at US Open but tennis and Ostapenko in spotlight | Tennis News

    August 30, 2025
    Categories
    • Latest News
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Sports
    • Tech News
    • Trending News
    • US News
    • World Economy
    • World News
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Primeusnews.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.