Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Myanmar: The Architecture of Statelessness | Genocide
    • Clark goes viral for her reaction as Dream miss game-winning shots
    • The top-two primary hasn’t solved California’s election problems
    • Iran live updates: Trump posts map labeling Strait of Hormuz ‘new’ US territory
    • AI to help planes avoid climate-warming contrails above North Atlantic
    • The Democrats Are No Longer Hiding Their Socialism
    • Hawaiian Electric Restores Power After Storm Lala
    • Canada announces US$50 billion plan to boost clean energy
    Prime US News
    • Home
    • World News
    • Latest News
    • US News
    • Sports
    • Politics
    • Opinions
    • More
      • Tech News
      • Trending News
      • World Economy
    Prime US News
    Home»Latest News»Israel expands West Bank offensive, says troops to remain ‘for next year’ | Israel-Palestine conflict News
    Latest News

    Israel expands West Bank offensive, says troops to remain ‘for next year’ | Israel-Palestine conflict News

    Team_Prime US NewsBy Team_Prime US NewsFebruary 23, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    For greater than a month, Israeli forces backed by bulldozers have been raiding Palestinian houses and destroying essential infrastructure.

    Israel says it’s increasing its army offensive throughout the occupied West Financial institution and making ready for troops to stay in some refugee camps “for the following 12 months”.

    Defence Minister Israel Katz on Sunday stated the military had “evacuated” three refugee camps within the northern West Financial institution and had been ordered to stay there “to forestall the return of [Palestinian] residents”.

    “To date, 40,000 Palestinians have evacuated from the refugee camps of Jenin, Tulkarem and Nur Shams, which at the moment are empty of residents,” he stated in a press release.

    “I’ve instructed [soldiers] to organize for a protracted presence within the cleared camps for the following 12 months and to forestall the return of residents and the resurgence of terrorism,” he added.

    For greater than a month, Israeli forces have been raiding Palestinian homes and utilizing bulldozers to destroy essential infrastructure. The assaults have largely centered on Jenin and Tulkarem.

    The Israeli military stated tanks have been deployed in Jenin for the primary time within the West Financial institution for the reason that finish of the second Intifada, or rebellion, in 2005.

    Nabil Abu Rudeineh, spokesman for Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, condemned the choice to deploy tanks within the northern West Financial institution.

    “It is a harmful Israeli escalation that won’t result in stability or calm, and we warn of this harmful escalation,” he stated.

    Since January 19 when the Israel-Hamas ceasefire got here into impact within the Gaza Strip, Jenin and its adjoining refugee camp have been below Israeli siege and at the least 27 Palestinians have been killed there.

    Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu instructed the army to hold out an “intensive” operation within the West Financial institution after explosions on Thursday on empty buses close to Tel Aviv in what Netanyahu’s workplace described as an tried mass assault.

    No casualties had been reported within the explosions, and no group has claimed accountability.

    In the meantime, the Palestinian information company Wafa reported that Israeli military and settler assaults additionally continued on Sunday throughout the West Financial institution.

    In Nablus, at the least eight folks had been arrested throughout Israeli raids whereas two others had been taken into custody at Beit Hanina, a neighbourhood in northern East Jerusalem.

    Israeli bulldozers additionally destroyed electrical traces and waterlines within the city of Qabatiya, south of Jenin, Wafa stated, including that Israeli troopers once more arrange a army checkpoint on the entrance to al-Issawiya, one other neighbourhood of occupied East Jerusalem.

    Israel has killed greater than 800 Palestinians within the West Financial institution for the reason that battle in Gaza erupted on October 7, 2023.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleWatch: Fans sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to Johnny Gaudreau’s son
    Next Article Australia fines Telegram over response to terror, abuse content
    Team_Prime US News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Latest News

    Myanmar: The Architecture of Statelessness | Genocide

    August 18, 2026
    Latest News

    Pakistan top court orders Imran Khan’s hospital transfer amid access battle | Imran Khan News

    August 18, 2026
    Latest News

    Trump says N Korea’s Kim has responded to his request for a conversation | Donald Trump News

    August 18, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Most Popular

    Sean Payton has warning for teams that passed on Shedeur Sanders

    April 26, 2025

    Tech Shares Pain Perception Measured by Brain Waves

    November 12, 2025

    Contributor: Religious revolution is happening online (and that’s not a bad thing)

    September 25, 2025
    Our Picks

    Myanmar: The Architecture of Statelessness | Genocide

    August 18, 2026

    Clark goes viral for her reaction as Dream miss game-winning shots

    August 18, 2026

    The top-two primary hasn’t solved California’s election problems

    August 18, 2026
    Categories
    • Latest News
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Sports
    • Tech News
    • Trending News
    • US News
    • World Economy
    • World News
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Primeusnews.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.