Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • US judge cites ‘1984’ in ordering reinstatement of slavery exhibit
    • Australian PM Albanese says no help for ISIL relatives held in Syria camp | ISIL/ISIS News
    • Former NFL GM sends Rodgers warning to Steelers amid reports
    • U.S. troops arrive in Nigeria for support mission against militants
    • Trump says he will be involved indirectly in Iran talks
    • US deploys 100 soldiers to Nigeria as attacks by armed groups surge | Religion News
    • Tyreek Hill linked to two teams after his release
    • 2 killed, several injured in ‘targeted’ shooting at ice skating rink in Rhode Island: Police
    Prime US News
    • Home
    • World News
    • Latest News
    • US News
    • Sports
    • Politics
    • Opinions
    • More
      • Tech News
      • Trending News
      • World Economy
    Prime US News
    Home»Latest News»Torres hat-trick leads Barcelona Copa del Rey rout at Valencia | Football News
    Latest News

    Torres hat-trick leads Barcelona Copa del Rey rout at Valencia | Football News

    Team_Prime US NewsBy Team_Prime US NewsFebruary 7, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    Ferran Torres scores three of Barcelona’s first 4 objectives in a 5-0 Copa del Rey quarterfinal win at Valencia.

    Ferran Torres fired a 30-minute hat-trick as Barcelona booked their place within the Copa del Rey semifinals with a 5-0 win at Valencia.

    The Barca ahead opened the scoring within the third minute at Estadio de Mestalla on Thursday, as he burst by way of the house facet’s offside entice to fit house a first-time end. His second was a tap-in after Lamine Yamal struck the put up.

    By the point the hat-trick was sealed, with a flick from Raphinha on the sting of the field and a drilled effort into the underside nook, Barca had already put themselves out of sight with one other breach of the Valencia backline by Fermin Lopez.

    Yamal, who had a quiet first half, was far livelier within the second and sealed the win within the 59th minute with a deflected effort, which wrong-footed the keeper. The Spanish worldwide had already struck the put up with a trademark curling effort after slicing inside onto his left foot.

    Ferran Torres of Barcelona scores his staff’s fourth aim to finish his hat-trick [David Ramos/Getty Images]

    Barca, who opened their league season with a 2-1 win on the identical floor, thumped Valencia 7-1 at house within the reverse fixture on January 26. Hansi Flick’s facet, who’re third in LaLiga, additionally hit seven at Valladolid in August.

    One other mauling was on the playing cards for Carlos Corberan’s beleaguered facet, who sit second backside of the Spanish league – 4 factors from security with solely 4 wins in 22 matches.

    Torres’s second strike had initially been disallowed for offside, just for VAR to intervene and overrule the referee’s assistant.

    The pause for the choice was about as a lot respite as the house facet had been to get pleasure from in a half of ruthless and relentless operating from Barca.

    The benefit with which they both sliced by way of the Valencia defence, as for the second and fourth objectives, or broke clear by way of, as with the primary and third, will probably be as nice a priority for Corberan as it’s a delight for Flick.

    VALENCIA, SPAIN - FEBRUARY 06: Lamine Yamal of FC Barcelona scores his team's fifth goal during the Copa del Rey quarter-final match between Valencia CF and FC Barcelona at the Estadio Mestalla on February 06, 2025 in Valencia, Spain. (Photo by David Ramos/Getty Images)
    Lamine Yamal of Barcelona scores his staff’s fifth aim in a far quieter second half [David Ramos/Getty Images]

    To the reduction of the house assist, who had been making their method to the exits as early as Barca’s third aim, the second half was a extra sedate affair because the away facet took their foot off the fuel.

    Lopez’s hat-trick is the quickest for Barcelona since Samuel Eto’o registered three objectives within the opening 28 minutes of a LaLiga match in opposition to Almeria in 2008.

    The document 31-time winners of the competitors haven’t reached the semifinals since being eradicated by Actual Madrid in 2022-2023, whereas they final gained the competitors in 2020-21, having been defeated by Valencia within the last two seasons earlier than.

    Actual Sociedad earlier booked their place within the final 4 with a 2-0 house win in opposition to Osasuna due to first-half strikes from Barrenetxea and Brais Mendez.

    Actual Madrid and Atletico Madrid, who meet in a primary versus second league derby at Santiago Bernabeu on Saturday, booked their locations within the semifinals with victories over Lagunes and Getafe, respectively, earlier within the week.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleNBA announces the 2025 All-Star Game rosters
    Next Article New Zealand says ‘blindsided’ by Cook Islands’ China overture
    Team_Prime US News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Latest News

    Australian PM Albanese says no help for ISIL relatives held in Syria camp | ISIL/ISIS News

    February 17, 2026
    Latest News

    US deploys 100 soldiers to Nigeria as attacks by armed groups surge | Religion News

    February 17, 2026
    Latest News

    Robert Duvall, Oscar-winning actor and star of The Godfather, dies aged 95 | Arts and Culture News

    February 16, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Most Popular

    Silence on Israel’s massacres of journalists is dangerous to all | Israel-Palestine conflict

    January 4, 2025

    Aid route closure worsens food shortages in famine-hit northern Gaza

    September 27, 2025

    Members Petitioning to Be President-Elect Candidates

    January 13, 2026
    Our Picks

    US judge cites ‘1984’ in ordering reinstatement of slavery exhibit

    February 17, 2026

    Australian PM Albanese says no help for ISIL relatives held in Syria camp | ISIL/ISIS News

    February 17, 2026

    Former NFL GM sends Rodgers warning to Steelers amid reports

    February 17, 2026
    Categories
    • Latest News
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Sports
    • Tech News
    • Trending News
    • US News
    • World Economy
    • World News
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Primeusnews.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.